This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this motherboard support 1440?

#11ShubPosted 11/11/2013 10:29:36 AM(edited)
Hold on. Will you not be using a separate video card (e.g. GeForce or Radeon), thereby bypassing the motherboard entirely? If so, the motherboard's limitations, if any, are completely irrelevant.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12ShubPosted 11/11/2013 10:31:35 AM
Ok, so you are using a video card since that PC you bought has a GeForce GTX 780 Ti. That's what matters.
Use the DVI dual link cable included that's supposedly included with the monitor, connect that to the video card -- not the motherboard -- and you should be good to go.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#13X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:39:24 AM
Shub posted...
Ok, so you are using a video card since that PC you bought has a GeForce GTX 780 Ti. That's what matters.
Use the DVI dual link cable included that's supposedly included with the monitor, connect that to the video card -- not the motherboard -- and you should be good to go.

So does that cord just come out of a hole in the case and connect to the monitor then? And this wont effect performace of the grapics card in any way?
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#14Knight2520Posted 11/11/2013 10:43:13 AM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Shub posted...

So does that cord just come out of a hole in the case and connect to the monitor then? And this wont effect performace of the grapics card in any way?

Yes. No. What matters is what settings the graphics card renders at, which is completely independent of the display.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#15X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:46:59 AM
Knight2520 posted...
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Shub posted...

Yes. No. What matters is what settings the graphics card renders at, which is completely independent of the display.

Thanks for the answer, just did a bit of research, seems like the best option would be to plug the monitor into the graphics GPU anyway even if the motherboard could handle it, heh. Ok last question, for wifi how do i install a network card?
---
Regards, Dolan
#16DragnfyrPosted 11/11/2013 10:55:51 AM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Knight2520 posted...
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Shub posted...

Thanks for the answer, just did a bit of research, seems like the best option would be to plug the monitor into the graphics GPU anyway even if the motherboard could handle it, heh. Ok last question, for wifi how do i install a network card?

Yes you will need to buy a wifi-card. Your motherboard (like most motherboards) doesn't have built-in wi-fi. Also you have to plug your monitor into the graphics card if you want to use the graphics card anyways. If you plug the monitor into your motherboard you will be using the integrated graphics on your CPU.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.9 | Windows 8.1 Pro
#17ShubPosted 11/11/2013 10:56:23 AM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Shub posted...

No, the video card itself will present connectors on the back of the computer that you can connect your monitor to. Not a "hole in the case".
http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1862/sapphire-7950-hdmi.jpg is what a video card looks like from the outside. If you're connecting a monitor to the video card, then obviously it won't affect the video card's performance. You'll be using the video card for your display and that's all there is to it.

X_ULTIMA_X posted...
Ok last question, for wifi how do i install a network card?

Either get a PCI Express Wi-Fi adapter (internal) or a USB one (external). Given your level of knowledge, you may want to use USB as it's easier to install, but if you want to learn something, get an internal one.
---
-What is best in life?
#18SnadadosPosted 11/11/2013 11:01:24 AM
If it is a PCI wifi card it should plug into one of the black PCI slots you see in between the larger red PCIE slots where you put your graphics card.
Once it is in just use the provided disc that came with the wifi card to install the drivers.

A USB wifi card just plugs into any usb port and then, like with a PCI wifi card, you use the provided disc to install the drivers.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#19X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:03:13 AM
Thank you all for your great help, sorry about my inexperience, this will be my first gaming desktop after all. Cant wait for it to arrive :)
---
Regards, Dolan