This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now I understand why people kept on saying "just build it"

#1DaKingOPosted 11/11/2013 11:11:43 AM
Lately I've been wanting a gaming pc (i had one it died and now i want one back; also, my friend built it for me), So i started looking around a different boutique vendors trying to decide which gaming pc i could get for cheap....Well none of them were cheap even the smaller itx/mini atx models....

So i decided i could do better on my own....even if my pc hardware skills sucked *** (as software engineer... that's a little bad on my part). So between Saturday and Sunday, I built my very first gaming pc.

It was hard, but it was fun. After firing it up and testing out my machine I felt good about my self. I've come to realize why people just say build it.

It's cheaper, quicker (somewhat), more bang for your buck, and I don't know maybe you'll feel good about it.
---
Disgaea 3, now in Laharl mode............................lol
#2GoIrish80Posted 11/11/2013 11:12:51 AM
Yeah imagine that, people who put effort into things get more out of them.

Amazing how that works.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#3KillerTrufflePosted 11/11/2013 11:14:40 AM
DaKingO posted...
Lately I've been wanting a gaming pc (i had one it died and now i want one back; also, my friend built it for me), So i started looking around a different boutique vendors trying to decide which gaming pc i could get for cheap....Well none of them were cheap even the smaller itx/mini atx models....

So i decided i could do better on my own....even if my pc hardware skills sucked *** (as software engineer... that's a little bad on my part). So between Saturday and Sunday, I built my very first gaming pc.

It was hard, but it was fun. After firing it up and testing out my machine I felt good about my self. I've come to realize why people just say build it.

It's cheaper, quicker (somewhat), more bang for your buck, and I don't know maybe you'll feel good about it.

Not only that, but when you build your own, you also have more control over exactly what goes on it (no bloatware), and you gain experience in troubleshooting, making you more self-reliant in the future when something goes wrong. People who build their own are typically more capable of identifying and fixing their own problems.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4Ch3wyPosted 11/11/2013 11:14:52 AM
I'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for me, so that I can just get drunk and eat chicken fingers.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 11/11/2013 11:16:02 AM
Ch3wy posted...
I'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for me, so that I can just get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

Chickens don't have fingers! :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#6_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/11/2013 11:17:36 AM(edited)
Agreed. The other thing people need to realize is how easy it actually is (aside from needing some patience and taking the time to understand the basics), and how much you will benefit from being able to upgrade and maintenance your own PC in the future. It does not only save you money directly, but saves you even more money in the future if you stick to PC gaming for the long term.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#7Ch3wyPosted 11/11/2013 11:17:12 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Ch3wy posted...

...what the hell did I eat?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 11:18:03 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Ch3wy posted...

They do if you fry them.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9SpazH3dPosted 11/11/2013 11:30:09 AM
Ch3wy posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Ch3wy posted...

...what the hell did I eat?

You're a cannibal, sir. It's un-christian and you should stop it.
---
- My vision is augmented
#10SnadadosPosted 11/11/2013 11:51:56 AM
DaKingO posted...
It was hard

I'm curious, what part did you find difficult?
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?