This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now I understand why people kept on saying "just build it"

#11godplaysSNESPosted 11/11/2013 10:53:22 AM
May I guess mounting the CPU cooler was what you found hard? I still think some coolers are a PITA to mount
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#12KillerTrufflePosted 11/11/2013 10:56:36 AM
Some coolers can be downright scary to mount, with all the pressure you have to apply to those little plastic arms and stuff. Too easy to snap one if you aren't careful.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#13DaKingO(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:09:55 PM(edited)
Snadados posted...
DaKingO posted...
It was hard

I'm curious, what part did you find difficult?

Well it wasn't a particular part. It was me forgetting to do something, grabbing the wrong power supply, figuring out how the hell am i'm going to get this big ass graphics card in this case, am i going to crush this cpu by doing this....

And yes mount the fan over the cpu was my top 5 worry...

stuff like that.
---
Disgaea 3, now in Laharl mode............................lol
#14Nightmare2398Posted 11/11/2013 12:20:03 PM
for me the only hard part was the cpu cooler (felt like i was going to break my mobo pushing the pins down), the mobo itself (didn't have it lined up correctly with the back of the case) and the lack of lighting (case was pitch black, made connecting all the wires a pain).

Building a computer is damn satisfying though, and should be even more fun this time around, (aftermarket cpu cooler, better case/cable management, dual graphics cards!, and i actually have a flashlight i can use lol)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#15mccue166Posted 11/11/2013 12:27:19 PM
Ch3wy posted...
I'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for me, so that I can just get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

You can get drunk and build a computer. I built the one I'm currently using drunk as hell, and it turned out alright.
---
4770k, 16gb Corsair Dominator 2133MHz, Gigabyte Windforce 7970, 120gb 840 EVO, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, Corsair AX860
#16arleasPosted 11/11/2013 12:34:48 PM
The only thing that I found hard about putting a computer together was connecting the tiny wires from the case to my motherboard for the lights... oh and my case is kinda cramped for space so I'd scrape my knuckles getting everything in there.

Otherwise, as long as you take it slow and read/watch a lot of tutorials, it's not that hard.
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#17machetemanPosted 11/11/2013 12:41:54 PM
Ch3wy posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Ch3wy posted...
I'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for me, so that I can just get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

Chickens don't have fingers! :P

...what the hell did I eat?

you ate the bones!!
#18GeminiX7Posted 11/11/2013 12:46:46 PM
I haven't built a computer since I was twelve with my dad many moons ago(I'm now 23). I kinda wish I had kept with it, as it might have helped foster my hopes for a career in technology(rather than Medicine, which is already burning me out). I want to jump back into building rigs when I get my own place, as living at home means I don't have much space to house a desktop.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#19ShubPosted 11/11/2013 12:49:06 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
foster my hopes for a career in technology(rather than Medicine, which is already burning me out)

And here I am with my career in technology wishing I'd been a surgeon like I always wanted but could never muster the courage for the years and years of schooling (let alone the exorbitant cost of student loans) :p
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#20VIP86Posted 11/11/2013 1:40:51 PM
DaKingO posted...
Lately I've been wanting a gaming pc (i had one it died and now i want one back; also, my friend built it for me), So i started looking around a different boutique vendors trying to decide which gaming pc i could get for cheap....Well none of them were cheap even the smaller itx/mini atx models....

So i decided i could do better on my own....even if my pc hardware skills sucked *** (as software engineer... that's a little bad on my part). So between Saturday and Sunday, I built my very first gaming pc.

It was hard, but it was fun. After firing it up and testing out my machine I felt good about my self. I've come to realize why people just say build it.

It's cheaper, quicker (somewhat), more bang for your buck, and I don't know maybe you'll feel good about it.

I have a question. Do you want to build another one now?
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750