This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now I understand why people kept on saying "just build it"

#21TimePharaohPosted 11/11/2013 4:06:53 PM
SpazH3d posted...
Ch3wy posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Ch3wy posted...
I'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for me, so that I can just get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

Chickens don't have fingers! :P

...what the hell did I eat?

You're a cannibal, sir. It's un-christian and you should stop it.

Maybe he's just a catholic, their rituals support cannibalism and vampirism.

Plus, crackers.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#22GeminiX7Posted 11/12/2013 6:26:53 PM
Shub posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
foster my hopes for a career in technology(rather than Medicine, which is already burning me out)

And here I am with my career in technology wishing I'd been a surgeon like I always wanted but could never muster the courage for the years and years of schooling (let alone the exorbitant cost of student loans) :p

I'm in Nursing actually. Surgery is a bit overrated. Never saw the appeal.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#23RPGMattPosted 11/12/2013 6:33:22 PM
There's more to life than getting drunk and eating chicken fingers.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#24AnnihilatedPosted 11/12/2013 6:40:42 PM
Last week I put on a pretty beastly aftermarket CPU heatsink/fan, one that was nearly the size of a brick. That thing confused the hell out of me, with its criss-cross brackets and screw holes that had to be mounted from the back of the board. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a star screwdriver just so I could remove the old bracket. And the instructions? The international multilingual ones with mostly just pictures? I could SWEAR one of the diagrams was telling me to actually rip out the f***ing capacitors if there was no room for the frame. The CPU part of PC building, as a general rule, can suck it. The rest is rather straightforward, usually.
#25KillerzOverHerePosted 11/12/2013 6:41:36 PM
RPGMatt posted...

yeah not really.
---
Console peasants don't know what they are missing out on. There is simply no reason albeit cost (which is debatable) that one should not be playing on PC.
#26Ch3wyPosted 11/12/2013 6:49:21 PM
RPGMatt posted...

You think you're so smart because of your dumb book learning...
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#27MC RaZaRPosted 11/12/2013 7:52:18 PM
Yeah, you learn a whole lot and saves money. The risks aren't too bad.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#28dennis941012Posted 11/12/2013 7:56:39 PM
rather pay ecollege to build it for me so I can buy warranty, get free shipping, don't have to handle rebates, and still pay only about $80 extra [IF you buy gpu separately]
---
#29KanokarePosted 11/12/2013 8:04:10 PM(edited)
dennis941012 posted...
rather pay ecollege to build it for me so I can buy warranty, get free shipping, don't have to handle rebates, and still pay only about $80 extra [IF you buy gpu separately]

Whatever you get from there you're still over paying and learning nothing about what's in your PC and how to fix things if it were to break down after your warranty. Ecollegepc is definitely a better choice than a prebuilt from retailers though.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos
#30schadowPosted 11/12/2013 8:48:55 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Shub posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
foster my hopes for a career in technology(rather than Medicine, which is already burning me out)

And here I am with my career in technology wishing I'd been a surgeon like I always wanted but could never muster the courage for the years and years of schooling (let alone the exorbitant cost of student loans) :p

I'm in Nursing actually. Surgery is a bit overrated. Never saw the appeal.

Medicine and human anatomy, in general, is vastly overrated as a science. Nanoscience is the new black!
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.