This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Original Bioshock running hotter than Infinite?

#11_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/11/2013 3:46:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12EciDemonPosted 11/11/2013 3:51:31 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
Your laptop is supposed to be able to handle the heat generated by its components even under full load and for longer durations. If this is not the case, then dust and lint are the most likely culprits.

my laptop's gpu died after 2 years even though i regularly cleaned it.

the average temp kept slowly rising until it was idling at around 60-70C on a raised surface(books or whatever).

the only thing i didn't think of was a cooling pad but by then it was already too late.

Placing a laptop on top of books seems like a rather dumb idea paper being an insulator and all.
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#13AsucaHayashiPosted 11/11/2013 4:27:33 PM(edited)
EciDemon posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
Your laptop is supposed to be able to handle the heat generated by its components even under full load and for longer durations. If this is not the case, then dust and lint are the most likely culprits.

my laptop's gpu died after 2 years even though i regularly cleaned it.

the average temp kept slowly rising until it was idling at around 60-70C on a raised surface(books or whatever).

the only thing i didn't think of was a cooling pad but by then it was already too late.

Placing a laptop on top of books seems like a rather dumb idea paper being an insulator and all.

"two" books... as in on resting on the edges with clear space underneath the laptop for fresh airflow.

oh and also, hardcovers which to my knowledge have little to do with being insulators.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/