This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are your thoughts on amd having the most advanced apu in the world?

#1snkboiPosted 11/11/2013 1:41:09 PM
the ps4 apu is one the most powerful in the world and this will eventually come to desktops and laptops in the near future
---
i think it's nice
#2Pokerkid777Posted 11/11/2013 1:44:13 PM
does anyone else like grilled cheese? I sure do.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#3snkboi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:45:49 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

it's okay to fear the superior product
---
i think it's nice
#4SzymaaPosted 11/11/2013 1:46:04 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

Damnit man, now I'm hungry....
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#5blacklable1617Posted 11/11/2013 1:51:37 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

You had to go there didn't you......
---
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |
#6EciDemonPosted 11/11/2013 2:02:09 PM
snkboi posted...
the ps4 apu is one the most powerful in the world and this will eventually come to desktops and laptops in the near future

if i ever wanted to build a htpc it's nice, good for laptops too i would imagine.
Looking at the trends an apu won't be replacing dedicated cpu+graphics card any time soon.
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#7mrsackyPosted 11/11/2013 2:02:53 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

How about grilled Swiss with bacon?
#8snkboi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 2:09:29 PM
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...

if i ever wanted to build a htpc it's nice, good for laptops too i would imagine.
Looking at the trends an apu won't be replacing dedicated cpu+graphics card any time soon.

dedicated will always be the best but next gen apu's will have the performance of ps4 and xbox one, this is where amd will dominate intel and every year after this they'll just get stronger

dedicated video cards in laptops will soon be a thing of the past
---
i think it's nice
#9EciDemonPosted 11/11/2013 2:20:38 PM
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...

dedicated will always be the best but next gen apu's will have the performance of ps4 and xbox one, this is where amd will dominate intel and every year after this they'll just get stronger

The performance of ps4 and xbox one in an apu is ok at best from a pc gamer perspective. You're looking at mid range performance here and when console specific optimization is taken out of the equation then there really isn't that much left to hang in the christmas tree.

that 1.8 teraflops that's being tossed around so much these days is just shy of a Gtx660 (mid range card), and there's already a new generation of graphics cards out from both nVidia and AMD which is running circles around that thing. So I honestly don't see what the big excitement is about?
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#10EStar999Posted 11/11/2013 2:20:42 PM
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...

Soon as in 5-10 years at the least. The performance in integrated graphics controllers is not moving fast enough to catch up with Nvidia and AMD's discrete line even though it might seem that way.