This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are your thoughts on amd having the most advanced apu in the world?

#11Bazooka_PenguinPosted 11/11/2013 3:24:08 PM
The PS4 APU is hardly the most advanced. Kaveri ES have by IDed on a few directories.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#12ZalteraPosted 11/11/2013 3:28:45 PM
Good. They need something.
---
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000
#13El_KazPosted 11/11/2013 3:29:35 PM
lol, APUs
---
Wait... what?
#14Hi CPosted 11/11/2013 3:31:53 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
does anyone else like grilled cheese? I sure do.

Will you be able to make one on Nvidias Maxwell?
---
You'll be my John G.
#15shaunmePosted 11/11/2013 3:32:58 PM
posting in poor imitation of The Q topic.
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#16ThePCElitistPosted 11/11/2013 3:50:53 PM
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...
the ps4 apu is one the most powerful in the world and this will eventually come to desktops and laptops in the near future

if i ever wanted to build a htpc it's nice, good for laptops too i would imagine.
Looking at the trends an apu won't be replacing dedicated cpu+graphics card any time soon.

dedicated will always be the best but next gen apu's will have the performance of ps4 and xbox one, this is where amd will dominate intel and every year after this they'll just get stronger

dedicated video cards in laptops will soon be a thing of the past

The performance of ps4 and xbox one in an apu is ok at best from a pc gamer perspective. You're looking at mid range performance here and when console specific optimization is taken out of the equation then there really isn't that much left to hang in the christmas tree.

that 1.8 teraflops that's being tossed around so much these days is just shy of a Gtx660 (mid range card), and there's already a new generation of graphics cards out from both nVidia and AMD which is running circles around that thing. So I honestly don't see what the big excitement is about?

Each of my gpus have 5.6 teraflops each. The ps4 specs are not impressive.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#17snkboi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 3:52:43 PM
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...
the ps4 apu is one the most powerful in the world and this will eventually come to desktops and laptops in the near future

if i ever wanted to build a htpc it's nice, good for laptops too i would imagine.
Looking at the trends an apu won't be replacing dedicated cpu+graphics card any time soon.

dedicated will always be the best but next gen apu's will have the performance of ps4 and xbox one, this is where amd will dominate intel and every year after this they'll just get stronger

The performance of ps4 and xbox one in an apu is ok at best from a pc gamer perspective. You're looking at mid range performance here and when console specific optimization is taken out of the equation then there really isn't that much left to hang in the christmas tree.

that 1.8 teraflops that's being tossed around so much these days is just shy of a Gtx660 (mid range card), and there's already a new generation of graphics cards out from both nVidia and AMD which is running circles around that thing. So I honestly don't see what the big excitement is about?

i would love to run a super slim laptop that has ps4 graphics..you're nuts to say otherwise about these chips
---
i think it's nice
#18EciDemonPosted 11/11/2013 4:00:18 PM
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...
EciDemon posted...
snkboi posted...

i would love to run a super slim laptop that has ps4 graphics..you're nuts to say otherwise about these chips

To each their own, I don't like gaming on laptops with bad keyboards and small displays.
You will have to wait for the next generation after Jaguar apu. On pc you still have a lot of overhead to deal with from api and driver layers. So don't expect ps4 levels of performance just because it uses the same apu in a laptop running windows.
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/11/2013 4:02:20 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

At times I find the thought of it disgusting, other times I love it.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#20ThePCElitistPosted 11/11/2013 4:05:28 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...

At times I find the thought of it disgusting, other times I love it.

It's cheese melted on bread. How the hell is that even remotely close to disgusting? It's not like you poured tang on it and topped it with anchovies.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU