This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does PC gaming need more triple AAA games?

#11GoIrish80Posted 11/11/2013 2:05:14 PM
The majority of games that are considered "AAA" games by the type of people who would ask this type of question already come out on PC. Battlefield, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

If you don't like the "AAA" exclusives that PC already has to offer (Galactic Civilizations III incoming, Civilization, Starcraft, etc,) then that's a discussion of taste.

Stop acting like the PC doesn't get enough high profile games. It does. By a long shot.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#12claytonbuckleyPosted 11/11/2013 2:06:43 PM
FaPaThY posted...
No. We need more games in the middle of AAA and indie

KillerTruffle posted...
AAA or indie is irrelevant. The games need to be *good*, regardless of budget.

^these
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#13water1111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 2:09:05 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
The majority of games that are considered "AAA" games by the type of people who would ask this type of question already come out on PC. Battlefield, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

If you don't like the "AAA" exclusives that PC already has to offer (Galactic Civilizations III incoming, Civilization, Starcraft, etc,) then that's a discussion of taste.

Stop acting like the PC doesn't get enough high profile games. It does. By a long shot.

Since when is GTA V out on PC? in your mind or what?
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#14jake-sfPosted 11/11/2013 2:10:40 PM
PC gaming needs more good 3D games. I'm stuck in between that "I'm tired as hell of all the small scale 2D indie games" and "I'm tired of the dumb 3D AAA games".
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#15KillerTrufflePosted 11/11/2013 2:12:53 PM
I wish Wizards of the Coast would make a computer version of RoboRally already. The game is *perfectly* designed for computer, so I can't see any excuse for not making it for computer.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16water1111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 2:13:30 PM
Its good to see people prefer lamp over indie games.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#17_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/11/2013 3:07:47 PM(edited)
Not so straightforward at all, are you talking AAA titles in general or PC specific. If it is the former, then no, I think we are good.

If it is the latter, then yes, over the years there have been less developers and publishers that invest in non-multiplatform AAA titles. There are only a handful of developers today that still do this, and even they have been focusing more on console in recent years (valve, Blizzard etc.).

The reason why this is important to me, is because there are some genres that are only done well on PC and the default input devices on the consoles do not work as well for them as the mouse and keyboard. This is why some popular genres, like RTS, MOBA, Arcade FPS and MMO's (just to name a few) are not as well represented on console as they are on PC. My fear is that when PC loses support from devs and publishers creating games specifically for the PC, games like Starcraft will never again be made.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#18triple sPosted 11/11/2013 3:09:28 PM
I would like to see more games on par with The Witcher 2(of course, before it went to 360)

I honestly don't care for most indy games and I generally find console exclusives better than PC exclusives.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#19biohazard1775Posted 11/11/2013 3:20:30 PM
FaPaThY posted...
No. We need more games in the middle

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#20killkountPosted 11/11/2013 3:21:01 PM
water1111 posted...
GoIrish80 posted...

Since when is GTA V out on PC? in your mind or what?

It's been confirmed. Derp.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif