This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty Ghosts multiplayer peaked at 36922

#41_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/12/2013 2:30:58 AM(edited)
call of duty posted...
More like because the game is awful on PC

Yeah, the entire franchise is considerably less popular on PC than it is on console. The consensus is that it is the same thing all over again, but worse, and this time no one can really call it exciting any longer.

But this is the game they decided to play from the start. The question they must have asked themselves is how long can we re-release essentially the same game and have people still buy and love it? I would have thought the answer is less than 3, turns out they were able to do it for well over half a decade. Has to come to an end at some point.

I am quite interested in where the series will go next. The way I see it, they can either stick to what they are now, kind of like a Madden, and just reap the rewards from the people that buy it every year for small changes here and there while the gaming community at large does not care about the franchise because there is nothing happening there. Or, the series can change and improve to catch up to some of the competition. The latter will be more interesting for me, but I can see how it is appealing for a publisher to do the former instead.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#42torres007Posted 11/12/2013 3:06:44 AM
Game-Xpert posted...
Most people are playing battlefield 4, why would anyone bother playing ghost when the graphics are terrible when the maps or small compared to battlefield 4?

It's the closest thing to a fast paced arena shooter with any kind of fanbase nowdays. I hope UT4 or Quake 5 come out sometime. I don't like big maps or vehicles that much.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#43DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/12/2013 5:31:43 AM
call of duty posted...
More like because the game is awful

---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#44Orestes417Posted 11/12/2013 5:33:44 AM
torres007 posted...
Game-Xpert posted...
Most people are playing battlefield 4, why would anyone bother playing ghost when the graphics are terrible when the maps or small compared to battlefield 4?

It's the closest thing to a fast paced arena shooter with any kind of fanbase nowdays. I hope UT4 or Quake 5 come out sometime. I don't like big maps or vehicles that much.

Bingo. The two series aren't really comparable. Sometimes you want combined arms mayhem, sometimes you want flashy close quarters twitch, and sometimes you even want synchronized camping and go play CS
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#45call of dutyPosted 11/12/2013 7:42:16 AM
novelaa posted...
call of duty posted...
More like because the game is awful on PC

only on pc ? lol

Because TC is talking about the PC version, idiot.
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14
#46call of dutyPosted 11/12/2013 7:46:14 AM(edited)
snkboi posted...
6GB ram is forced because ghosts pc is 4k ready and you need 6gb ram when running in 2160p

BF4 is 4k ready and you don't need 6GB RAM. It also takes up a lot less space than 40GB. You're just another blind fanboy who can't accept the truth. Tell me, how are the new large ass maps doing? The continual lack of lean? The ubiquity of dolphin diving? Unchangeable FoV? How are the dedicated servers? Can you even change teams when the teams are unbalanced or do you have to start a new game? All issues since 2009 with MW2 which IW didn't bother fixing and you keep blindly defending.
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14
#47snkboiPosted 11/12/2013 7:58:28 AM
call of duty posted...
snkboi posted...
6GB ram is forced because ghosts pc is 4k ready and you need 6gb ram when running in 2160p

BF4 is 4k ready and you don't need 6GB RAM. It also takes up a lot less space than 40GB. You're just another blind fanboy who can't accept the truth. Tell me, how are the new large ass maps doing? The continual lack of lean? The ubiquity of dolphin diving? Unchangeable FoV? How are the dedicated servers? Can you even change teams when the teams are unbalanced or do you have to start a new game? All issues since 2009 with MW2 which IW didn't bother fixing and you keep blindly defending.

i didn't know cod was only for multiplayer..the single player imo is better than the multiplayer, and ghosts campaign is one of the best in the series
---
i think it's nice
#48youngfossilPosted 11/12/2013 8:46:52 AM
snkboi posted...
call of duty posted...
snkboi posted...

i didn't know cod was only for multiplayer..the single player imo is better than the multiplayer, and ghosts campaign is one of the best in the series

The main draw is multi
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#49Rexdragon125Posted 11/12/2013 8:55:28 AM
I don't know what everyone is talking about, I have 2 Titans and the game runs fine
#50ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/12/2013 9:06:22 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
I don't know what everyone is talking about, I have 2 Titans and the game runs fine

Total Biscuit had 2 titans, and the game still had framerate drops.