This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With X-Com's Strategy popularity reborn, Think we'll see a true Syndicate sequel

#1JirynPosted 11/11/2013 11:08:15 PM
With X-Com's Strategy popularity reborn, Think we'll see a true Syndicate sequel?

I like X-com, but I grew up loving Syndicate since day one.. the original and even wars were amazing.
I'd love to see a true sequel, over that FPS crap they did a few years back..
Now with X-Com doing well, it proves a traditional Syndicate may be profitable
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 11:08:44 PM
Nope.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3someguyshandPosted 11/11/2013 11:38:56 PM
Definitely not with EA holding it's reigns.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#4Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:42:14 PM
someguyshand posted...

So very true, it's sad AAA people don't see how smaller budget niche games can make more.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#5KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 11:45:06 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
someguyshand posted...

So very true, it's sad AAA people don't see how smaller budget niche games can make more.

That's one area where I think big Western devs/publishers do a worse job than their Japanese counterparts.

In particular Atlus, though they're owned by Sega now, so that's more or less a death sentence.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#6Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 1:12:25 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
someguyshand posted...

That's one area where I think big Western devs/publishers do a worse job than their Japanese counterparts.

In particular Atlus, though they're owned by Sega now, so that's more or less a death sentence.

Why?
Sega isn't a AAA company, and does make some amazing games along with publishing many others.
I think Atlas will be fine
---
#7KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2013 1:15:39 AM
Eh, that's debatable.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#8DaedalusExPosted 11/12/2013 1:17:30 AM
Why did you capitalize "Strategy" and "Think"?
#9Jprime666Posted 11/12/2013 2:08:51 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
someguyshand posted...

Why?
Sega isn't a AAA company, and does make some amazing games along with publishing many others.
I think Atlas will be fine

For every good game released by Sega this generation, there's been 10 pieces of crap.
---
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat