This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people train their reflex aiming for FPS games?

#1R0N1N187Posted 11/12/2013 4:03:51 AM
Players in the CPL and MLG (for PC gaming at least) tend to have their crosshairs pointed in less than a second upon seeing an enemy and msot of the time its a headshot. How do they do it? And dont tell me they practice because I practice a lot for CS and I still cant always get a perfect headshot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#2JavelinPosted 11/12/2013 4:19:05 AM
Talent, and they practice a lot more than you do.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#3Eclypse9810Posted 11/12/2013 4:22:27 AM
Probably because what you're practicing is your habits, instead of actually practicing your aim.

The amount of people in CS DM's who are just running and gunning instead of actually practicing is too damn high.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#4FeatherwindPosted 11/12/2013 4:25:14 AM
I think practice a lot here means play all the time. Don't have a job etc. That's what many of the pro players seem to be doing. One reason why pro players are often so young might be because they just simply have more time to play and practice with less distractions.

Also maybe drugs help. This may sound silly but I think it can be a very big deal. When I was a kid I had to use a lot of different prescription drugs and they had very noticeable and definite effects that would have affected gaming (negatively in my case). It's not hard to imagine some drugs helping you focus and be energetic.
---
pathological
#5Tommy2GoGoPosted 11/12/2013 4:27:52 AM
Personally, I feel FPS games have become easier now.

Now a days you can easily camp and snipe people from across the map. Considering you were well hid, it could take a while until someone found you. So you just sit there and shoot. I've done it on CoD / battlefield bad company games and honestly got a high score even though I'm a rookie at those games.

Quake 3 on the other hand was something completely different.
It wasn't a 2 hits and you're dead kinda thing.

Their railgun (sniper rifle) was really strong but had a small recharge delay + one shot at a time. So you either had to be good or you were going to get killed. Of course you could camp on this game as well. but the maps were a bit smaller so you would easily get spotted and killed after killing a person a few times.

If you had an amazing accuracy AND were just fast in general at the game. You'd be nearly unstoppable in the game.
I recall playing against good railgun players and I could not move at all. Rocket Jump + railgun while flying over the player at a pretty quick speed was something that amazes me even today.

Honestly, I consider those players to have amazing reflexes and for a while I was getting there. Would be able to railgun quit few people while moving around.
I stopped playing it and now I'm rusty as hell.

I do miss playing quake 3
Greatest FPS game ever.
#6Hi CPosted 11/12/2013 4:36:45 AM(edited)
Tommy2GoGo posted...
Personally, I feel FPS games have become easier now.

Now a days you can easily camp and snipe people from across the map. Considering you were well hid, it could take a while until someone found you. So you just sit there and shoot. I've done it on CoD / battlefield bad company games and honestly got a high score even though I'm a rookie at those games.

Quake 3 on the other hand was something completely different.
It wasn't a 2 hits and you're dead kinda thing.

Their railgun (sniper rifle) was really strong but had a small recharge delay + one shot at a time. So you either had to be good or you were going to get killed. Of course you could camp on this game as well. but the maps were a bit smaller so you would easily get spotted and killed after killing a person a few times.

If you had an amazing accuracy AND were just fast in general at the game. You'd be nearly unstoppable in the game.
I recall playing against good railgun players and I could not move at all. Rocket Jump + railgun while flying over the player at a pretty quick speed was something that amazes me even today.

Honestly, I consider those players to have amazing reflexes and for a while I was getting there. Would be able to railgun quit few people while moving around.
I stopped playing it and now I'm rusty as hell.

I do miss playing quake 3
Greatest FPS game ever.

This would require skill and would push the bads away from buying your game. Think of all that lost money, oh noes!

Can't have a high skill ceiling in todays games, but you can have a bottomless coffin.
---
You'll be my John G.
#7cjburn851Posted 11/12/2013 4:38:06 AM
How many hours a day would you consider to be a lot? Now add 10 hours to that, play for the next couple of years, sacrifice a few virgins, then maybe you'll be able to compete with the big boys.
---
Gaming in the 90's > Everything else
#8PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 5:55:27 AM
They are called pro gamers because they are professional gamers; i.e. gaming is their job. They eat, sleep, shower, and play games. That's it.

And most of them have been doing it for years.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#9WilIDearbornPosted 11/12/2013 5:55:51 AM
tons of practice
natural talent
using a much lower sensitivity than you'd likely think (and using a giant mousepad for quick movements)
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#10exclusiveburnerPosted 11/12/2013 6:12:58 AM
When you're a virgin, with no friends, no job, no bills, no car, no goals other then gaming, and your parents support you, it's easy to be a pro.

But in the end, what's it all worth?

I'm only 26. Sure I got a girl, a decent job, and what not now, but I think of the things I could have had sooner in life if I had a little more motivation, and those things are much more important then you realize. I quit school, missed out on better job opportunities, passed up on three beautiful women who I'll never forget and always regret to this day.... All for gaming... Socom 2 stole thousands of hours from my youth....

Anyway I'm depressed now, thanks for that.