This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people train their reflex aiming for FPS games?

#11RolloverBouncinPosted 11/12/2013 6:34:15 AM
Practice practice and no life. The pros are also quick to memorize muscle memory for those twitch reflexes. And they do practice aiming for hours as I've had the chance to talk to one of them when I was playing WaW. The guy had 90% accuracy with the bolt sniper guns, near perfect knifing record kills and perfect hip fire on almost any rifle. He told me it's the same way you learn how to write, everything is muscle memory for aiming. The real skills to master as he said was logistics and being able to plan escape routes in any area, that he said is harder than killing. Mastering the map/radar plays a huge part.
---
#12KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2013 6:45:34 AM
lol, these people and their "GAMES BACK IN MY DAY (5 years ago because they're like 25 or something) HAD HIGH SKILL CEILINGS!"

Bull ****. Get over yourselves.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#13AltmadragonPosted 11/12/2013 7:03:18 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
lol, these people and their "GAMES BACK IN MY DAY (5 years ago because they're like 25 or something) HAD HIGH SKILL CEILINGS!"

Bull ****. Get over yourselves.

So your saying current gen games are more difficult than past games? Hmmmmmmmmmm
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#14KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2013 7:06:31 AM
Nope. I'm saying previous games, particularly FPSeseseses, aren't as hard as people like to believe.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#15AltmadragonPosted 11/12/2013 7:09:19 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Nope. I'm saying previous games, particularly FPSeseseses, aren't as hard as people like to believe.

You got to be kidding if your talking about 3-4 years ago fps yes... But if your talking about older gens then no.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#16RolloverBouncinPosted 11/12/2013 8:12:49 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

No one said it's hard, it's just asking how to improve.
---
#17Aw3somenessPosted 11/12/2013 8:19:54 AM
exclusiveburner posted...
When you're a virgin, with no friends, no job, no bills, no car, no goals other then gaming, and your parents support you, it's easy to be a pro.

But in the end, what's it all worth?

I'm only 26. Sure I got a girl, a decent job, and what not now, but I think of the things I could have had sooner in life if I had a little more motivation, and those things are much more important then you realize. I quit school, missed out on better job opportunities, passed up on three beautiful women who I'll never forget and always regret to this day.... All for gaming... Socom 2 stole thousands of hours from my youth....

Anyway I'm depressed now, thanks for that.

Junk just got real.. Thanks for your honesty man. No doubt, people are gonna troll, but this is all truth. I got a wife and an awesome job now, but all games are pixellated nothingness. I still love playing, but it hurts me to think about all the missed opportunities I had.
---
Caution: The above post may contain opinions and/or sarcasm.
#18Shark_LaserPosted 11/12/2013 8:49:37 AM
http://aim400kg.ru/en/
---
Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell me what a man is without pride. Tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes. Tell me who the f*** you are.
#19call of dutyPosted 11/12/2013 9:05:17 AM(edited)
exclusiveburner posted...
When you're a virgin, with no friends, no job, no bills, no car, no goals other then gaming, and your parents support you, it's easy to be a pro.

But in the end, what's it all worth?

I'm only 26. Sure I got a girl, a decent job, and what not now, but I think of the things I could have had sooner in life if I had a little more motivation, and those things are much more important then you realize. I quit school, missed out on better job opportunities, passed up on three beautiful women who I'll never forget and always regret to this day.... All for gaming... Socom 2 stole thousands of hours from my youth....

Anyway I'm depressed now, thanks for that.

You passed up on 3 women? Holy hell man. I got good grades at school but almost all of my teachers think I could've done better because of CS:S, Company of Heroes and CoD4 but I would've dropped everything if some girl asked me out >.>

Yes that sounds beta as hell but charming people was never my forte...
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14