This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how's SimCity now?(plus the expansion)

#1boochyPosted 11/12/2013 10:15:21 AM
So, with the launch of the new expansion, I decided to redownload SimCity and see if it's improved any. I haven't played since about a month after launch. I enjoyed the game unlike most people, I just got busy and forgot about it.

Anyone have any experience with the new expansion?
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#2wizardmonPosted 11/12/2013 11:29:26 AM
just as bad as always. there was some small fixes with utility vehicles but I never seen the fixes working.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3boochy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:13:53 PM
That's a shame.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#4SinisterSlayPosted 11/12/2013 12:29:46 PM
Can you still make a super city by having no taxes?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5Gojak_v3Posted 11/12/2013 1:19:05 PM
The main problem is the traffic model is completely broken. The game wouldn't be that bad if traffic worked. Considering they still haven't managed to make it work I don't know if they can fix it. Other than traffic the major complaints tend to be wants. Like bigger maps, more transportation options, etc.
#6GoIrish80Posted 11/12/2013 1:24:18 PM
I find it pretty sad that instead of deciding to focus on an expansion pack that REALLY fixed many of the issues people currently have with the game (and there are plenty of them,) they decided to slap a futuristic coat of paint on how the cities look and not fundamentally fix anything.

Bigger maps, traffic, cities properly working with one another (which, you know, was the single most important thing considering the design change,) RCI meaning anything, hell take your pick.

The game is a total sham and any person in a decision making role on that game should no longer be employed.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#7il_capitanoPosted 11/12/2013 1:24:45 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
The main problem is the traffic model is completely broken. The game wouldn't be that bad if traffic worked. Considering they still haven't managed to make it work I don't know if they can fix it. Other than traffic the major complaints tend to be wants. Like bigger maps, more transportation options, etc.

So it basically still isn't a SimCity.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#8EpicKingdom_Posted 11/12/2013 3:00:12 PM
boochy posted...
That's a shame.

Yup.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#9llamathiefPosted 11/12/2013 3:12:47 PM
I think SimCity is good. The maps could be bigger, but being able to make a bunch of smaller cities, each having a different theme (gambling, energy, education) and connecting them all is fun. I've also never had a problem with traffic. If you don't have wide roads, street cars, trains, etc, then you can't complain about the traffic being messed up. I'll eventually pick up the expansion.
---
Am I a llama that thieves, or a pilferer of llamas? You may never know.