This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it kinda dumb to get a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons for FPS games ?

#21UnyieldingBRPosted 11/12/2013 9:39:39 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
UnyieldingBR posted...
Why has no one mentioned any of the Corsair mice

Because they're laser mice.

Still damn quality Mice. Trashed my G400 for an m95 and never looked back.
#22PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 11:54:08 PM
UnyieldingBR posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
UnyieldingBR posted...
Why has no one mentioned any of the Corsair mice

Because they're laser mice.

Still damn quality Mice. Trashed my G400 for an m95 and never looked back.

Most of us have keyboards with 105 keys, so we value tracking accuracy over superfluous side buttons.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#23squidgy617Posted 11/13/2013 12:01:35 AM
MRN_Marn895 posted...
No. Mouse with extra buttons are for noobs. They are not needed, in any genre. And don't really help.

Wow, really?

I use a Logitech G600. I play a large variety of games, and so I feel that the extra thumb-buttons are more beneficial to me than a great sensor, which will only really help me in FPSes. And the thumb buttons are even great in those, as they allow for rapid weapon-switching. And they're DEFINITELY useful in MMOs.

Of course, I'm not recommending TC get the G600 for FPS games. For those you should definitely go for a good sensor. I'm just saying that this generalization is ridiculous.
#24SlaynPosted 11/13/2013 1:30:22 AM
As an FYI I bought a G500 originally and purchased the G400 as a back up, since it came with a free gift, and I need a mouse for work ( UGH, $5 Dell mouse ). I loved the G400 so much better, I switched it out and took my G500 to work. G400 feels more smooth. It has one less side button, but oh well. I honestly love the side buttons. Like I said, I get used to using reload and knife attacks for FPS with them, but it is just a preference. Wouldn't say it's better or worse.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#25ThePonyColliePosted 11/13/2013 3:00:39 AM
call me what you want, but i've been using my thumb buttons as a crawl and jump buttons for my fps games.