This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of the Lost Planet games good?

#1LMTTNPosted 11/12/2013 2:12:50 PM
They're all on sale.
---
Steam: Macintosh Plus | PSN: letmetrythisname
Now Playing: Metro: Last Light
#2KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2013 2:20:40 PM
Not really. They're fairly mediocre third person shooters.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3PhilOnDezPosted 11/12/2013 2:32:43 PM
I liked the first one, the second one didn't do much for me though I was going at it solo when it was undoubtedly made for 4 player co-op. I can't comment on playing with friends or randoms. 3 I haven't tried but I haven't heard anything good about it from any source. I'd just get the first if you're interested.

The gameplay of the first consists of grappling hooks (really fun imo), mechs, and a resource called Thermal Energy. You get the T Eng (I think that's what the resource bar says) by killing enemies, destroying containers, and activating checkpoints. It does basically everything for you, if you run out you die. You have a health bar (it might be invisible, haven't played in forever), if it depletes fully you lose, to restore it just avoid damage for X seconds and your T Eng will deplete rapidly to heal you. It also depletes slowly at all times meaning you have to keep moving/killing or you'll freeze to death. It also powers the mechs which makes it deplete faster than normal, but you won't have to spend T Eng to heal (the mech has a finite amount of durability) so it's worth it if there's lots of enemies.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4ATARIJAWAPosted 11/12/2013 3:03:50 PM
Shoot the orange bits. Repeat. That's the whole series.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#5uhohjonahPosted 11/12/2013 3:39:21 PM
1st one sucks, 2nd one is okay, and 3rd one is great from what I've heard.
---
There are two types of people in this world: grump, and not so grump.
#6daemon_danPosted 11/12/2013 3:41:04 PM
I liked them. They can get repetitive so best in short bursts
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#7spud_almightyPosted 11/12/2013 5:42:54 PM
I enjoyed them a great deal. They're not exactly trendy so asking opinions will spawn a lot of negative comments.

Third person shooter with big orange aliens, mechs and snow. I really enjoyed it.
#8xanthan1Posted 11/12/2013 5:57:07 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Shoot the orange bits. Repeat. That's the whole series.

See extremely simplistic descriptions don't work. Take Shadow of the Colossus for example.

Climb giant monster, stab weak point, repeat. Entire game.

Completely fails to actually describe anything.

TC, the games are fun but not that special.
#9Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 11/13/2013 12:23:43 AM
Liked 1, loved 2, hated 3.

2 is among my top 10 games ever in fact, The story is... non-existent, but that's the only complaint I ever really had of it (and that doing the train turret on extreme by yourself is a nightmare). Some of the best level design and boss fights ever, lots of secrets, and even a decent bit of depth to customization. I even thought the vs. multiplayer had some grand potential, yet it never really caught on. It really boggles me as to why people hated the game, but they did... so what do I know.
#10sonic_man00Posted 11/15/2013 11:15:39 PM
1 i hated personally, 2 was enjoyable if you have friends, and 3 i plan to buy soon.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.