This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are almost all high end gaming mouse wired ? Also I some Q's about G400.

#1Kano92Posted 11/12/2013 4:56:14 PM
I wanted to get a wireless gaming mouse but seeing this list that fellow GF put earlier Garquille14 I checked all these mice out and was surprised to see that they are all wired. So do the pros use wired mice all the time cause of the lag maybe or due to the over weight of wireless mouse cause of the batteries ? Most of these mice also have two extra thumb buttons so I take it among top tier players two thumbs is what is popular ?

Zowie EC1 evo
Zowie EC2 evo
Zowie AM
Zowie FK
WMO 1.1a
Logitech G400 / G400s
Razer Deathadder
Razer Abyssus
Roccat Savu
CM Storm Spawn

I was thinking of getting the G400/s but I have a couple of questions, the
+ & - buttons increase the dpi but heres the thing I I don't want to mess with that I just want to set it to a standard dpi I don't want to fiddle with this option. Do it come set at good factory setting ? Do you have to install software to change the dpi, I'd rather not install software. What if I want to use the those buttons for something else in the game like grenades/knife, can I do that or will these dpi buttons always only used for dpi even in game ? Last question about the G400 what is the button that has a icon of two folders on it for ? and I can I use that button for in game stuff ?

I also was thinking of getting the Razer DeathAdder maybe. I noticed no dpi buttons on this mouse does that mean that it's only controlled thru software ? If yes then I would rather not install it and use the default dpi, is this correct ?

Last question do thumbs buttons while on desktop or the internet automatically act as back and forward buttons ?
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#2MantisPowahPosted 11/12/2013 5:04:52 PM
Buy a Razer Ouroboros

It's a high end customizable wireless/wired hybrid.
#3Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 5:11:34 PM
MantisPowah posted...
Buy a Razer Ouroboros

yay no thanks that looks like a transformer mouse.

Can someone maybe tackle some of my questions please.
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#4PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 5:33:23 PM(edited)
If you don't install the Logitech software the default DPI is 1200 or 1000 I think.
When you install the software you can have up to 4 DPI levels, or as little as 1, so you can have only one DPI and not worry about it. If you have multiple DPI, one of them is designated as "Default" DPI, as one of the default button mappings sets it to that one. One of them is designated as "Shift" DPI, and you can map one of the buttons, like one of the two side buttons, so that when you hold it in, it sets your DPI to that, and returns it to normal when you release it. This is meant for sniping, where you can quickly move the mouse to find the target then hold the Shift button to make it easier to aim for the head.

Here's what it looks like where you set DPI levels. You can click the down arrow at the top to change the three (what I use) to 1, then set that DPI.
http://i.imgur.com/pTYBzri.png

You can reassign any buttons to whatever you want.

Here's a screenshot of the default mapping of the DPI Decrease (-) button. It can be changed to any of those, and by clicking the tabs at the left you can pretty much select any other action you want, or create your own macros.
http://i.imgur.com/TgY7QiM.png

EDIT: Was typing on phone.

To answer your main question, the primary reasons that wired mice are used are:
1. No worries about input lag
2. Wired mice are cheaper, and hence should sell better.
3. No worries about batteries.
4. There's no point whatsoever to a wireless mouse when you're sitting at a desk, and if you're gaming on a PC that's what you should be doing.

The only real point to using one at a desk would be not having to worry about cord drag, but mouse bungees take care of that if you're really worried about it. I don't consider "less cords" a valid reason, as you're going to be managing power cables, monitor cable, probably speaker cable, ethernet cable, various USB cables, etc.

---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#5Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 5:24:30 PM(edited)
PraetorXyn posted...
If you don't install the limited software the default DPI is 1200 or 1000 I think.
. When you install the software you can have up to 4 DPI levels, or as little as 1, so you can have only one DPI and not worry about it.

You can reassign any buttons to whatever you want.

I can post screenshots of the software if you want.

I assume your talking about G400 ? What is the folder button for ? So if I'm in game I can bind any of the extra buttons including the + & - & folder button to what ever I want ? Is the default DPI pretty standard speed ? I'm currently using a M310 mouse and have no ideal what the dpi is, but I know it works good. So without software what happens if I hit the + or - buttons in or out of game like on the desktop ? thanks
---
#6MantisPowahPosted 11/12/2013 5:24:33 PM
Kano92 posted...
MantisPowah posted...
Buy a Razer Ouroboros

yay no thanks that looks like a transformer mouse.

Can someone maybe tackle some of my questions please.

It's won over 13 awards from different computer sites/magazines.

It's not a "transformer" mouse. It's the ultimate in customization to make it the perfect fit for your hand.

I thought you wanted a elite gaming mouse not some standardized piece of crap.

Excuse me, you should go with the crappy Logitech wireless you wanted.
#7SlaynPosted 11/12/2013 5:28:03 PM
Buy the G400, never worry about the extra buttons on the top.

Enjoy your mouse.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#8fuzzymanPosted 11/12/2013 5:34:02 PM
isn't the naga a wireless deathadder
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#9daemon_danPosted 11/12/2013 5:35:06 PM
fuzzyman posted...
isn't the naga a wireless deathadder

..... >.> no.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#10ShinobiKazePosted 11/12/2013 5:44:33 PM
All the mice look fine I don't really think you can go wrong, it may for you just come down to how the mouse feels. Since you have roccat up there on your list you can try looking at some reviews with roccat kose XTD. I may pick that mouse up but if need wireless, I've read that the logitech 602 and 700s are pretty legit choices as well. But like I said, for all your choices it's just going to be how the mouse is going to feel in your hands.