This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are almost all high end gaming mouse wired ? Also I some Q's about G400.

#11Kokuei05Posted 11/12/2013 5:47:47 PM(edited)
The default DPI steps for the G400s are 400, 800(native), 2000(interpolated), 4000(interpolated). You need to download the software to adjust the steps; you can by 50 DPI increments.

You can program every mouse button to any function you like. You need the software to do so. The button with the "2 folders" sets the mouse back to the native DPI (800). You also need to software for this.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1PPedJzng
#12PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 5:49:21 PM
Kano92 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
If you don't install the limited software the default DPI is 1200 or 1000 I think.
. When you install the software you can have up to 4 DPI levels, or as little as 1, so you can have only one DPI and not worry about it.

You can reassign any buttons to whatever you want.

I can post screenshots of the software if you want.

I assume your talking about G400 ? What is the folder button for ? So if I'm in game I can bind any of the extra buttons including the + & - & folder button to what ever I want ? Is the default DPI pretty standard speed ? I'm currently using a M310 mouse and have no ideal what the dpi is, but I know it works good. So without software what happens if I hit the + or - buttons in or out of game like on the desktop ? thanks

See my edited post as I added a lot of stuff.

If you don't have the driver software installed, the extra buttons won't do anything.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#13PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 5:51:02 PM
ShinobiKaze posted...
All the mice look fine I don't really think you can go wrong, it may for you just come down to how the mouse feels. Since you have roccat up there on your list you can try looking at some reviews with roccat kose XTD. I may pick that mouse up but if need wireless, I've read that the logitech 602 and 700s are pretty legit choices as well. But like I said, for all your choices it's just going to be how the mouse is going to feel in your hands.

The Roccat Kone Pure Optical would be a better choice. It's new, so I haven't tried it, but the Savu was a great mouse.
---
#14Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 6:00:30 PM
I been looking at some youtube videos and found out the way I hold the mouse is called the finger tip grip and from what I seen the G400 is more for the palm holding type gamer. So probably the razer might be better for me.
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#15snesmaster40Posted 11/12/2013 6:04:37 PM
Yeah G400 is more for a palm holding type of gamer. That said, I have one and I absolutely love it.
---
Are we not men?
#16Kokuei05Posted 11/12/2013 6:08:15 PM(edited)
I been looking at some youtube videos and found out the way I hold the mouse is called the finger tip grip and from what I seen the G400 is more for the palm holding type gamer. So probably the razer might be better for me.

The nice thing about the G400s is that you can use it both ways comfortably. If you palm the mouse your thumb will rest on the left crevice. Index and middle on left and right click. Ring on black and pinky inside the right crevice.

If you fingertip. The thumb, index, and middle will be the same. Except the ring and pinky will both rest inside the right crevice.

BTW, you can't finger tip Deathadder at all. I guess you can but it's not going to be comfortable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1PPedJzng
#17PraetorXynPosted 11/12/2013 6:11:26 PM
Please don't buy Razer products. They are basically s*** build quality with pretty lights on them.

The DeathAdder has a flawless sensor, yes. But about half the people that have had one will tell you something (usually the scroll wheel) broke in 6 months, and the other half will tell you they've had it for 3 years with no problems. You don't really see that with anyone else.

If you want something more suited to fingertip grip, get the Roccat Savu (if you don't mind only having 400, 800, 1600, and 4000 as DPI choices)

Cooler Master Storm Spawn would be good for that as well.

Do you play at high or low sensitivity?
Most low sensitivity gamers use palm grip, and most people that use claw grip (supposedly, according to the Razer grip guide for what that's worth) use high sensitivity.

The way I use the G400s is that my fingers rest on the buttons, but my palm doesn't fully touch it most of the time.
---
#18claytonbuckleyPosted 11/12/2013 6:19:33 PM(edited)
I'm not a pro gamer, and neither are you

But i would assume they use a wired mouse for the same reason the rest of us do. Wireless mice are heavy compared to wired, and batteries dying in the middle of a game sucks. Imagine a competitive game of LoL or SC2 or whatever, and some or an entire team loses because someone's batteries die mid game. That's just silly.

Wired is also cheaper. But after all that if you feel you need a wireless mouse then go try a Razer Mamba. It's Razer so it'll probably break within 2 months of buying it but i have been told it's pretty good.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#19CybercIawPosted 11/12/2013 7:38:59 PM
All I can say that is on the G400/s, you aren't ever going to accidentally change your DPS. I feel like you'd have to go way out of your way to hit those buttons. And yes, it does come with software to see the default sensitivity and everything.
---
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."