This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never played a MOBA game before

#11KilronPosted 11/12/2013 9:02:52 PM
MoodyHoe posted...
matu90rk posted...
It will be very hard to steal players from LoL and Dota 2. The Blizzard brand doesn't have quite the strength it did half a decade ago.

Dunno about LoL but D2 audiences have been building up the anger at valve's incompetence and total ignorance of many game issues(matchmaking,report,russian,bugs,neglecting solo,etc etc). The latest diretide fiasco is pretty much one of the final straws that push some over the edge. What's funny is that its not the diretide incident itself that seem to motivate valve to finally respond to people but the announcement of another rival big company namely blizzard and their HoTS.

At this point I would be willing to ditch D2 for blizzard if they manage to address even one of the things that valve keep playing dumb with. The D2 itself is great,but valve not even trying to fix things before milking it just ruins the prospect of fun in it.

Between this and the fact TF2 has been getting little more than a bunch of community made hats, I often find myself wondering just what Valve is doing these days.

I also find it funny that Awesomenauts suffers from some of the same problems Dota 2 has and has a smaller playerbase, yet I would much rather play that instead. At least there I've never had a game with teammates who can't speak english.

Even so, I'm probably not going to play Blizzard's game, doesn't sound all that interesting.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#12EternalFlame66(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 9:32:24 PM
asmodai48 posted...
I will try it out but pretty sure this is going to be mega casual.

that's not gonna be a problem for me. I love fun casual games and most people are very casual.
---
Such is your fate.
#13Tyranius2Posted 11/12/2013 9:32:49 PM
HotS looks like crap honestly so I'll stick with DotA.

I just wish they'd fix the matchmaking already, I get matched with people that obviously aren't as good as me.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#14Skul_Posted 11/12/2013 9:50:00 PM
Kilron posted...
MoodyHoe posted...
matu90rk posted...
It will be very hard to steal players from LoL and Dota 2. The Blizzard brand doesn't have quite the strength it did half a decade ago.

Dunno about LoL but D2 audiences have been building up the anger at valve's incompetence and total ignorance of many game issues(matchmaking,report,russian,bugs,neglecting solo,etc etc). The latest diretide fiasco is pretty much one of the final straws that push some over the edge. What's funny is that its not the diretide incident itself that seem to motivate valve to finally respond to people but the announcement of another rival big company namely blizzard and their HoTS.

At this point I would be willing to ditch D2 for blizzard if they manage to address even one of the things that valve keep playing dumb with. The D2 itself is great,but valve not even trying to fix things before milking it just ruins the prospect of fun in it.

Between this and the fact TF2 has been getting little more than a bunch of community made hats, I often find myself wondering just what Valve is doing these days.

I also find it funny that Awesomenauts suffers from some of the same problems Dota 2 has and has a smaller playerbase, yet I would much rather play that instead. At least there I've never had a game with teammates who can't speak english.

Even so, I'm probably not going to play Blizzard's game, doesn't sound all that interesting.

They probably threw all their guys at SteamOS and halflife 3.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH