This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Windows 8.1 viable without a keyboard?(Looking at the Dell Venue 8 Pro)

#1zerooo0Posted 11/13/2013 12:34:07 AM
It looks great and is portable. But, the sight says keyboard case coming soon so no idea when that will happen.

The 8" looks great and the screen looks good for what I need & that 18hr battery seems like it would be great. But, would it be viable to take notes in class without a keyboard though?
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 7:19:45 AM
Bump
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#3ShubPosted 11/13/2013 7:27:27 AM
It's as viable to take notes as any tablet. Have you ever typed on a tablet for extended periods of time? Some can do it, some hate it, it's up to you. I'm a fast typist and I'm OK typing on my iPad, but I still prefer a regular keyboard.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4toomanymouthsPosted 11/13/2013 9:55:37 AM
I would say no, but it depends on what you want to use it for.

I think of the touchscreen as a nice fun feature, that makes SOME things faster, but almost entirely still use my keyboard.
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 10:03:59 AM
Yea the biggest selling point is the size right now which is just perfect, but that could be problematic for say trying to exit out of a browser with the icon being so small.

A Keyboard is coming to it apparently but no telling on when.
---
#6ShubPosted 11/13/2013 10:10:37 AM
If the tablet supports Bluetooth, you can get any Bluetooth keyboard and pair it with the tablet.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.