This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of upcoming non console port games for pc

#81SlaynPosted 11/14/2013 2:49:56 AM
LordOfCinder posted...
MangorushVIII posted...
PC is lead platform for Dark Souls 2, if that's count.

If it was the lead platform, it would get released alongside the other versions. It's getting delayed from what I hear, so I think their statement about the PC version being the lead platform is bull. PS3 is likely the lead again, evidenced by the fact that it's the only version getting beta-tested at all.

Still, should be a lot better than the PTD port of the original game. I hope.

Yeah it's funny, they're doing beta testing on PS3 and they keep talking about pre-order bonuses and special editions etc while there is no news on the PC version. I don't think there will even be a retail release, it might be digital only. For this game, I would buy a retail $60 version if I got cool extras like a shirt and/or soundtrack.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#82daemon_danPosted 11/14/2013 5:09:07 AM
LordOfCinder posted...
MangorushVIII posted...
PC is lead platform for Dark Souls 2, if that's count.

If it was the lead platform, it would get released alongside the other versions. It's getting delayed from what I hear, so I think their statement about the PC version being the lead platform is bull. PS3 is likely the lead again, evidenced by the fact that it's the only version getting beta-tested at all.

Still, should be a lot better than the PTD port of the original game. I hope.

They never said lead platform. They said they were taking more care with the PC version
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#83DrelkagPosted 11/14/2013 5:25:28 AM(edited)
SnowxReturns posted...
MangorushXlII posted...
dyze posted...
They change or add one or two things, and now they're not console ports?.. lolz.

They'll still be "ports". They'll still focus their attention on making a game that's focused on consoles. The games that aren't exclusive to PC will always be hampered by the consoles. Doesn't matter if they add a different view on Dragon age 3 or more graphical options in Wticher 3.
It's still a console game at it's core.

Looking at Witcher 2 that was released a year or so earlier on PC than Console, it was clear from day one, that it was going to get a console release. The whole structure of the controls and movement was consol-ized game play from the ground up.
Using a controller was also the better way to play on PCs from day one. Go figure huh

Same thing with Diablo 3. It was always clear that it was designed with consoles in mind from the start.

If you want a game that will be a PC game, you'll have to look at the amazing kickstarter campaigns of old school RPGs and space-sims that are coming. That's as close as you're going to get with a PC game.
Well that and crappy MMOs.

Personally.. I don't see why you'd want to make anything other then strategy games for PCs. Consoles are better for everything else. The exception being more old school RPGs like the kickstarter campaign is bringing in. I suppose competitive fps's have their place on PC as well, but only in contest form imo. Game-wise they're still better on consoles.

FPS on PC lose the weight of the weapons and the movement of your character. It becomes way to "game-y" where as consoles attain the weight of things, making movement feel more "real. Generally gives a better experience. A great example is the first person movements in Battlefield 3. On consoles it gives a great experience of actually moving about, where as on PC it's an annoying gimmick that is just in the way and less and less noticeable.
Though, too each their own.

None of that makes any sense, PCs can do everything a console can and more.

Post 1: well-detailed argument on why consoles are better than PC.
Post 2: "NO EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS WRONG CONSOLE SUX PC IS BETTER WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Really, it didn't make any sense. Even if it is a console port a majority of the time PC is the 'definitive' version, having higher resolution and more smooth gameplay with choice for control options. Not counting mods (though most console ports are hard to get anything done with).

I'm not even sure what he means by the PC makes everything feel too 'game-y' though. I mean if you plug a controller in and play the game like you would on a console it should feel the same. The only games I've played both on console and PC were the TES series, GTA IV and RE5. Can't tell a difference when I use my 360 controller for Skyrim, GTA and RE5.
---
Play hard or go home