This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 4 or COD: Ghosts?

#11WyzeGye(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 12:26:16 PM
ein311 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
I have faith that activision will address the PC issues that i've not yet experienced first hand.

lolwut.

wishful thinking... i know. though i understand it's already had a patch. so that's not an unrealistic hope.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/0eSfcUzGTdk
#12Orestes417Posted 11/13/2013 12:37:13 PM
You can't really patch design decisions though. Things like the ridiculously low TTK aren't getting changed because they are working as intended
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#13NfuzedXGamerPosted 11/13/2013 12:38:46 PM
TC seriously im not trolling or anything but its obvious on PC community Battlefield will always be the better of the two shooters. Battlefield counterstrike or ARMA are the pc choice. If you want to play ghosts play on 360 or ps3.

But as we said both games are suffering with bad lag despite a solid connection.
#14KabtheMentatPosted 11/13/2013 12:39:53 PM
To be perfectly honest if you're playing CoD on the PC...you're kinda doing it wrong. IMO it just feels better on a console. Particularly the 360.

So I'd say if you want a PC shooter, then BF4 is probably the better choice. You'll just have to wait like 3-6 months before they get it playable.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#15LoshadtPosted 11/13/2013 1:06:54 PM
Orestes417 posted...
You can't really patch design decisions though. Things like the ridiculously low TTK aren't getting changed because they are working as intended

Honestly, the game needed to slow down a little. One of my biggest complaints toward the CoD series is that it keeps continuing MW2's trend of mindless twitchy gameplay.

On the subject of Ghosts, can someone tell me what some of the glaring issues with the PC version are?
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#16Orestes417Posted 11/13/2013 1:12:06 PM
Piss poor optimization, ho hum maps, extremely weak graphics considering the system reqs, near instant deaths, missing sub-basic options (I mean seriously people, you have to use a hack to edit your FoV). Basically it's a downgrade in every way from what BO2 brought to the table aside from trying to add more dynamic elements to the maps.
---
#17LoshadtPosted 11/13/2013 1:15:15 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Piss poor optimization, ho hum maps, extremely weak graphics considering the system reqs, near instant deaths, missing sub-basic options (I mean seriously people, you have to use a hack to edit your FoV). Basically it's a downgrade in every way from what BO2 brought to the table aside from trying to add more dynamic elements to the maps.

The lack of a FoV option is a real downer, but the rest of the problems are just standard for CoD on PC. It has never been a good looking game, the TTK has always been fast as hell.

So I won't let those minor issues except for the FoV thing, holy s*** what the hell is wrong with these guys be the one thing to dissuade me from the game. How is it in the actual gameplay department?
---
Kirino is best girl.
#18Orestes417Posted 11/13/2013 1:20:34 PM
No you don't understand. The TTK is ridiculous even by CoD standards. As far as gameplay, it's CoD... Lazy CoD at that.
---
#19LoshadtPosted 11/13/2013 1:21:08 PM
Orestes417 posted...
No you don't understand. The TTK is ridiculous even by CoD standards. As far as gameplay, it's CoD... Lazy CoD at that.

Oh, well that sounds like dung then.
---
Kirino is best girl.
#20KidInTheHallPosted 11/13/2013 1:36:22 PM
I've only played Ghosts, I like it, I'm not the biggest MP fan, I tend to play it casually so a lot of the complaints I see aren't that big of deal, as long as it's fun to play with my friends then I'm happy with it though it's not to say there aren't any frustrating deaths and game behavior.

I'll see if Cody will buy me BF 4 and then try that.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750