This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

leaning towards pc gaming...

#1failurgePosted 11/13/2013 1:03:11 PM
as the title says,im contemplating getting a pc rather than any of the next gen consoles. ive been been solely a 360 gamer,but it seems that pc may be the way to go. just wondering how much i would need to spend to get a decent/good gaming pc. and what do i need to get?
#2KabtheMentatPosted 11/13/2013 1:06:28 PM
CPU
Motherboard
Power Supply Unit
Graphics Card
RAM
Case
Optical Drive
Hard Drive

And how much you need to spend...depends on if you already have a monitor or not. If you do, then that's like $150 you don't have to spend.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3PraetorXynPosted 11/13/2013 1:51:42 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
CPU
Motherboard
Power Supply Unit
Graphics Card
RAM
Case
Optical Drive
Hard Drive

And how much you need to spend...depends on if you already have a monitor or not. If you do, then that's like $150 you don't have to spend.

You really don't need an optical drive unless, like me, you buy CD's and rip FLAC music instead of buying MP3 online. Or you like to watch Blu-Ray or w/e.

Windows can be installed from a USB stick, faster than from a CD I might add.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/13/2013 1:52:32 PM
True, but they're cheap as hell so you never know and might as well.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5BogePosted 11/13/2013 4:11:52 PM
A good gaming PC is usually around $1000.

You can go more or less and really get what you pay for. Anything less than $700 and you're looking at not having the true PC gaming experience.

You can go as low as $300-$400, but you probably won't really be able to play anything new.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#6failurge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 7:56:53 PM
thanks for the info guys. I'm really clueless when it comes to pc gaming...actually,pc anything,which makes it a bit difficult to figure out what i need/want.
#7HypnotizerPosted 11/13/2013 8:16:02 PM
failurge posted...
thanks for the info guys. I'm really clueless when it comes to pc gaming...actually,pc anything,which makes it a bit difficult to figure out what i need/want.

I think you are making a wise decision. I was big into consoles years back until I built a pc. Best idea I ever had. You'll love it!
---
Peace and love!
#8VIP86Posted 11/13/2013 8:21:51 PM
failurge posted...

Do alot of research online and watch alot of videos.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#9MangorushXIIIPosted 11/13/2013 8:25:12 PM
Hypnotizer posted...
failurge posted...

I think you are making a wise decision. I was big into consoles years back until I built a pc. Best idea I ever had. You'll love it!

Not really, with all the recent games coming out as half ass ports with poor optimization and crashing to desktop and all, he is better off sticking with consoles seeing how those games were made for them as well as exclusive games coming out for it, so if I were you TC, I'd save your money and invest getting a PS4 or something or at least build a medium range PC and just play the exclusive games on PC and do the rest of your gaming on PS4.
#10Kokuei05Posted 11/13/2013 8:27:36 PM
From: MangorushXIII | Posted: 11/13/2013 11:25:12 PM | #009
Hypnotizer posted...
failurge posted...

Not really, with all the recent games coming out as half ass ports with poor optimization and crashing to desktop and all, he is better off sticking with consoles seeing how those games were made for them as well as exclusive games coming out for it, so if I were you TC, I'd save your money and invest getting a PS4 or something or at least build a medium range PC and just play the exclusive games on PC and do the rest of your gaming on PS4.

Why are you even on the PC boards if you're a console gamer?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1PPedJzng