This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I go SLI for 2560x1600 gaming or will one video card be enough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I go SLI for 2560x1600 gaming or will one video card be enough?

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#11
I'd get a 780Ti, or 2 290's if you don't mind multiple cards. 290 CF will obviously yield much better performance.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#12
AMD cards are not an option for me currently, even if they perform slightly better.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#13
ChromaticAngel posted...
AMD cards are not an option for me currently, even if they perform slightly better.

A single 780ti is said to be able max most current games in 1600p, seeing as your budget is pretty decent I say just pick up a single 780ti then buy another when you start to notice a performance drop.
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#14
Altmadragon posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...

A single 780ti is said to be able max most current games in 1600p, seeing as your budget is pretty decent I say just pick up a single 780ti then buy another when you start to notice a performance drop.

I'll think about it. Another option is to buy the 1600p monitor now, but play in 1200p (my current monitor's resolution) until I can buy some video cards without depleting half my bank account.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: Dillinger7311

Dillinger7311
3 years ago#15
ChromaticAngel posted...
Altmadragon posted...
Yes you would want to go sli/cf if gaming in 2560x1600 with cards with atleast 3gb VRAM.

urgh, that's going to be like 2 grand in just video cards + monitor

I will sell you my SLI 780's when the 790's come out. I needs 2 of them.
i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | SLI EVGA GTX SC ACX 780's | Corsair Vengeance 16GB
2400Mhz | Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD | Corsair AX 860i |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I go SLI for 2560x1600 gaming or will one video card be enough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived