This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to get through Witcher 1, played Witcher 2, worth it?

#21GynthaeresPosted 11/14/2013 11:18:43 AM
I liked both games. I actually prefer Witcher 1, mostly due to the combat. I prefer the more stat-focused combat vs. the twitch / action combat of Witcher 2.

Witcher 1 definitely took me a couple tries to get into though. Kept wanting to quit in chapter 2, I think... But I stuck with it, and after pushing through some of the clunkiness, I really came to love the game.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#22bluemooglePosted 11/14/2013 11:55:39 AM
I liked chapters 2 and 3 the most. I really hated chapter 1 and 4. I realize this is an unpopular opinion. I dunno, I guess I liked how foreboding the middle part of the game was. The latter part felt too fast. I guess everyone else likes their storytelling to be fast paced?
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#23SteamsterPosted 11/14/2013 11:58:06 AM
bluemoogle posted...
I liked chapters 2 and 3 the most. I really hated chapter 1 and 4. I realize this is an unpopular opinion. I dunno, I guess I liked how foreboding the middle part of the game was. The latter part felt too fast. I guess everyone else likes their storytelling to be fast paced?

I don't mind a slow pace, but after how slow the first chapter is, and then you go right into chapter 2 where it's literally like trekking through mud... it gets a little frustrating.
#24WhereIsSelfPosted 11/14/2013 12:09:27 PM
bluemoogle posted...

Oh? I thought Chapter 4 was the slowest chapter in the game. That's actually why I liked it so much.
It's kinda rare for a game to give the protagonist a short rest from the main plot. Or maybe it's not so rare, but I haven't played enough games with such chapters.
Anyway, sure Geralt had witcher's work to do in Chapter 4, but it kinda felt... relaxing (?) to not have to worry about Salamandra for a while.
I wouldn't say I prefer fast paced storytelling, but I think Witcher 1 pulled it off pretty well. That's why I liked 1 more than 2 - both had kinda frantic finales, but in the sequel it was really underwhelming (IMO).