This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a headset

#1Nineteen99Posted 11/13/2013 6:51:51 PM
So my current headset is slowly dying, and I was wondering what some decent headsets are. My budget is between $50-$100 (cheaper is better). I was thinking one of the Razer sets, since I LOVE how comfortable they are. Most headphones make my ears hurt after about an hour, but I can wear Razer sets all day.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#2PraetorXynPosted 11/13/2013 7:15:11 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
So my current headset is slowly dying, and I was wondering what some decent headsets are. My budget is between $50-$100 (cheaper is better). I was thinking one of the Razer sets, since I LOVE how comfortable they are. Most headphones make my ears hurt after about an hour, but I can wear Razer sets all day.

Razer sets are nothing special in the comfort department. Believe me, as I was stupid enough to buy the $189 Tiamat 7.1 which sounds terrible.

I've since sworn off headsets and went totally with headphones. The pair I have now, the AKG K702 65th Anniversary edition, are like wearing a cloud compared to the Razer, and they sound 10 times better.

In that budget, I'd recommend the Audio Technica AD700, which go for about $99. They'll sound better than any headset, but are pretty crappy as headphones go. They DO however have excellent sound stage, which will go great with gaming for positional audio. You don't need an amp to drive them either; they'll sound better if you have one, but it's not a necessity.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9