This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good zombie game..

#31ThePCElitistPosted 11/14/2013 6:48:40 AM
RoutineInsanity posted...
tiger8191 posted...
Infestation was WarZ. Meta critic is like 18 or something. Stay away.

have you actually played it? or are you going off of the reviews?

I played it and it's one of the worst scams, I mean games I've ever played. The much buggier and glitcher DayZ looks like a AAA title compared to that piece of crap. I at least enjoyed DayZ for a whole year before I got bored with it.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#32RoutineInsanityPosted 11/14/2013 7:17:20 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
tiger8191 posted...
Infestation was WarZ. Meta critic is like 18 or something. Stay away.

have you actually played it? or are you going off of the reviews?

I played it and it's one of the worst scams, I mean games I've ever played. The much buggier and glitcher DayZ looks like a AAA title compared to that piece of crap. I at least enjoyed DayZ for a whole year before I got bored with it.

That's your take on it. and if you didn't enjoy it, then by all means. but people that just take critics word for it are missing out on what could be an enjoyable experience for them. I ignored the crappy reviews and took a chance, and i've had some fun with it. been killed a few too many times by some random guys that camp just outside of some of the bigger areas, but thats part of it. its a real survival horror where you have to luck out and find stuff instead of the game just giving it to you when you really need it.
---
ASRock z87 Extreme3 / i5-4670K / 8GB Vengence / Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 / Samsung 120GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD / Windows 8 / Asus VG23AH
#33ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/14/2013 7:29:32 AM
but people that just take critics word for it are missing out on what could be an enjoyable experience for them

You're kidding, right? It wasn't critics. It was everyone who played it. The game was crap and I don't know why you'd defend a shady company's product.
#34BlueRamzaPosted 11/14/2013 7:40:40 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 or Dead Rising 2.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#35SlaynPosted 11/14/2013 7:55:14 AM
I actually loved LFD 1/2, and it probably is the best zombie game... but if you want a zombie game with depth ( like all the games people are coming out with now ) you are generally out of luck. State of Decay doesn't look too bad. It seems to be in the right direction, but it honestly doesn't look good enough. I want a real good zombie game.

There are no good "horror" zombie games anymore, like RE used to be.

The action/adventure ones like Dead Rising aren't that great.

The survival/depth ones haven't evolved to be that great yet.

FPS zombie games, nothing good except for L4D.

TWD game was good, and although it technically features zombies.... it isn't really the game of game most people are looking for.

I am not saying the entire genre is terrible, but really is there a zombie game that is worth at least a 90%? I mean something that just REALLY knocks your socks off? The whole genre is wasted, and I kind of feel like the novelty of zombies has worn off. I am not a huge GTA fan, but maybe Rockstar needs to enter this genre. Can you imagine an open world zombie themed Rockstar game? Something not as silly as GTA, a more serious tone like RDR.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#36Lionheart159Posted 11/14/2013 10:45:03 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
but people that just take critics word for it are missing out on what could be an enjoyable experience for them

I don't know why you'd defend a shady company's product.

that statement could easily be said to anyone who has an Apple product.

just because a lot of people didn't like it (and i'm not saying that its a perfect game) doesn't mean that EVERYONE hated it. The game itself, in my opinion (ya know, those things that every human has a basic right to?) is very enjoyable. I'm not saying that it's the greatest game ever (far from it) but I am saying that TC's experience with the game may be a good one.

If you're willing to take a chance $15 isn't that much money and i'm sure everyone on here has wasted much more than that on games that got amazing reviews from EVERYONE, just to realize that it was a mediocre game that they didn't find fun. For me, just to name a few, it was the Mass Effect Series, the newest God of War, and a couple of Steam games. All of which got good reviews.

its about your experience, not everyone elses