This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To be honest Windows 8.1 is pretty great

#1SampsonMPosted 11/13/2013 10:33:00 PM
Once you set it to boot straight to desktop, it's an amazing operating system. With the SkyDrive and Bing integration, far, far better than Windows 7.

Hated it at first, but now I understand the brilliance.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#2wizardmonPosted 11/13/2013 10:34:25 PM
Windows 8.1 = Best Windows yet.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3GTRagnarokPosted 11/13/2013 10:36:26 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is that the tile colors for regular programs are really ugly. However, a program called OblyTile takes care of that if you take the time to make/find your own tiles.
#4DragnfyrPosted 11/13/2013 11:09:27 PM
The thing I like about Windows 8.1 is that it syncs your user settings which makes fresh reinstalls really easy.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.9 | Windows 8.1 Pro
#5jakisthePosted 11/13/2013 11:10:22 PM
Does it no longer brick systems?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#6SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 11:13:35 PM
It really screwed mine up at first (not bricked, but it was really buggy). But there was an update like a day or two ago that seems to have fixed everything.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#7ArkonBladePosted 11/13/2013 11:52:57 PM
The only good thing I can say is I haven't had really any problems with gaming with win 8.1 so far I have about 50 games and they all run fine minus resident evil ORC. I've tried every thing to get that to work with no luck.

but otherwise meh so far on win 8.1. I am sure it will get better as time goes on. Still debating on if I want to even bother with 8 or just get win 7 for my new PC build next year. only because of the direct X issue.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#8josh_bazzellPosted 11/14/2013 12:25:28 AM
I couldnt keep it stable for more than 5 minutes, eventually stopped booting. Back to 7 I went and am perfectly happy lol
---
My gaming rig: ASUS G73JW: I7 740qm, 8 gigs ddr3, Nvidia Geforce 460m.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.
#9triple sPosted 11/14/2013 12:34:17 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
The only good thing I can say is I haven't had really any problems with gaming with win 8.1 so far I have about 50 games and they all run fine minus resident evil ORC. I've tried every thing to get that to work with no luck.

but otherwise meh so far on win 8.1. I am sure it will get better as time goes on. Still debating on if I want to even bother with 8 or just get win 7 for my new PC build next year. only because of the direct X issue.

Yet you don't list any bad things?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#10ArkonBladePosted 11/14/2013 2:04:36 AM
triple s posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

Yet you don't list any bad things?

to name a few since 8.1 I get mouse lag from time to time. I hate that we don't have the start menu, OS just feels clunky to use. win 7 was far more stream lined.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade