This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new game
2 years ago#1
Hello everyone!

So I'm looking for a new game that has a large PvE community along with a good bit of content.

I'm holding out for Wildstar, it looks like everything I want in a game, but until it comes out I'd love to play another game.

For those who will TL:DR ---

Below just explains I liked : Guild wars, Guild Wars 2

Didn't Like : WoW During Cataclysm, Tera's grind, or FFXIV.

My History:

My first MMO was Guild Wars, and I played that for at least 4 years, maybe 5. It was amazing, I loved all the challenges, titles and stuff to do in it! I'd love a game with a community like Guild wars. It Was Amazing!

I've Played World of Warcraft, albiet almost entirely during Cataclysm, and it has left a sour taste in my mouth. It was not nearly as challenging or fun (i was in a guild that managed to get 4/7(or 8?) heroic on Dragon Soul within 3-4 weeks. It wasn't difficult in itself, it was just hard getting people to show up. I'm don't really want to go back to this game.

I have played Guild Wars 2, and I go back on occasion, but it's not really all that different, i have 5 lvl 80's geared to the teeth, and no real "content" has arisen. I was hoping for larger groups, or really challenging dungeons, but so far nothing has been as challenging as sitting through Arah P4.

I tried Tera ( got bored with the grind, didn't play much after it went F2P, only two or so weeks before the grind got to me ).

I Tried FFXIV, but nothing screamed "fun" to me, maybe combat was too slow?

I played League of Legends, but then the community turned it into a toxic waste dump.

---------------

Can anyone recommend me a game they'd think I'd like?
2 years ago#2
Killing Floor is all PvE and is supported by a huge amount of content which is easily modded and downloaded ingame.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
2 years ago#3
LotRO?

One of the better MMO communities that I have experienced.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
2 years ago#4
You could always try dota 2 or path of exile :)
2 years ago#5
Holy crap I was about to post almost the same exact thing.

I played the crap out of Dark Souls and had enough. Waiting for 2 to come out.

I played the crap out of GW2 and got a lot of mileage out of it, but had to move on

FF14 ARR - Got to level 50. Gear grind is unbearable with little to no end game.

Tried SWTOR and even purchased 2 months sub, but TBH besides the cool Star Wars flavor to it, it is quite vanilla in every other way, at least as far as I got to level 25.

Played Path of Exile for 17 hours, but the reality is that when you get to Act 2 I found it boring to keep doing more of the same. Also the party system is total crap for teaming up PUGs.

Can someone please recommend a deep comprehensive MMO to try? TY!
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived