This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone care about that new Blizzard moba coming out?

#1Frost_MirrorPosted 11/14/2013 7:15:32 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/81970/heroes-of-the-storm-preview-storming-the-moba-gates

Interesting that they decided to go with 20 minute games instead of 45min-1hr long battles.
#2Cruzader619Posted 11/14/2013 7:20:40 AM
Diablo riding a unicorn? lol
---
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."
#3FeatherwindPosted 11/14/2013 7:23:58 AM
Not really. My interest in Blizzard has dropped drastically during the past few years. I'd bet this game and Hearthstone are both F2P with microtransactions, and possibly pay2win too. The Diablo 3 style cinematic doesn't really invite me to play either, and I don't really ever want to hear from Kulle, Azmodan, Belial, the black angel of wisdom or Diablo ever again.
---
pathological
#4ZeraphLordSPosted 11/14/2013 7:36:39 AM
Featherwind posted...
The Diablo 3 style cinematic doesn't really invite me to play either, and I don't really ever want to hear from Kulle, Azmodan, Belial, the black angel of wisdom or Diablo ever again.

Yep. Although to see him in his original rendition again was nice indeed.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#5r0ge00Posted 11/14/2013 8:01:20 AM
Only hardcore Blizzard fanboys. Everyone else will stick to the superior options.
#6Xantose161Posted 11/14/2013 8:13:40 AM
As a dota and LoL player (well used to be been bored with and haven't touched them for the past month or two now),I'm fairly excited with the changes they are making to get them away from the "laning phase" that I feel most mobas have (and in my opinion, after playing mobas for a long time has just made them boring).

They are completely getting rid of last hitting for gold and having talent trees instead of items to completely change how the character plays. Some people say its just going to make the game easier, but for the most part there are always the same items that you go for for each character in other mobas that you may change up rarely depending on the circumstance. So I don't find it a big deal at all to get rid of items.

And the biggest thing that I find the most interesting is the maps. Just looking at the maps and how they work, they seem to have pretty interesting dynamics to them so your not in a lane all the time. Instead you have a bunch of important and interesting objectives. So, I'm really hoping it works out.

Just my feelings on it, and glad they are somewhat innovating on the moba genre a bit and its not going to be just another similar dota and LoL style game that I was thinking it was going to be.
---
I7 2600K 3.4GHz | GTX 470 1280MB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Corsair 2x 4 GB | 120GB Intel 5140 SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
#7r0ge00Posted 11/14/2013 8:23:52 AM
Xantose161 posted...
Just my feelings on it, and glad they are somewhat innovating on the moba genre a bit and its not going to be just another similar dota and LoL style game that I was thinking it was going to be.

It's not a MOBA though, it's a "hero brawler".
#8FeatherwindPosted 11/14/2013 8:25:22 AM
Xantose161 posted...
As a dota and LoL player (well used to be been bored with and haven't touched them for the past month or two now),I'm fairly excited with the changes they are making to get them away from the "laning phase" that I feel most mobas have (and in my opinion, after playing mobas for a long time has just made them boring).

They are completely getting rid of last hitting for gold and having talent trees instead of items to completely change how the character plays. Some people say its just going to make the game easier, but for the most part there are always the same items that you go for for each character in other mobas that you may change up rarely depending on the circumstance. So I don't find it a big deal at all to get rid of items.

Yeah I like these changes too. In LoL the games feel like they could be a lot more concise and shorter. The items are also mostly pointless as they are hard to balance, very min/max type and often don't really work that well. It's just not worth the trouble to try to have items imo. It's probably a change for the better to tie character development to just one resource instead of both XP and gold.

Also what I think is a strength of this game is the much smaller hero pool. LoL has wayyy too many champions and this is easily the biggest cause of problems in the game imo and creates flavor, balance and gameplay issues. After all with a small pool of heroes almost everything could work and be balanced, so that they could make the individual choices more interesting and flavorful.

Don't know if this is innovating really but they can try to avoid implementing the most unnecessary and troubled features MOBAs have.
---
pathological
#9Xantose161Posted 11/14/2013 8:28:53 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Xantose161 posted...

It's not a MOBA though, it's a "hero brawler".

Meh same thing. Blizzard trying to rename the genre that has been called a moba for this long, I still don't understand.
---
I7 2600K 3.4GHz | GTX 470 1280MB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Corsair 2x 4 GB | 120GB Intel 5140 SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
#10ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/14/2013 8:30:11 AM
Absolutely not. Blizzard is terrible.