This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TempleOS - Literally insane guy creates his own operating system

#61ElDudorinoPosted 11/15/2013 7:32:27 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
I don't really see the problem this is just very impressive. How is this insane?

Um, you either didn't visit the link to templeos.org or you're insane yourself. This is the freaking homepage:

"
Use After Egypt inside TempleOS as an oracle. An oracle is a Ouija Board or
Christian Tongues. See Biblical Encryption: Mean tickle person or president.

TempleOS 1.09
Divine Intellect,
Public Domain,
64-Bit,
Kept Perfect,
Operating System

You get out of prayer what you put in. God said, "honest measures" applies when
exchanging an offering for a response from the oracle in TempleOS. Picking a
greeting card is an example of love effort. You will get back the same love
effort from God. People wants things besides God's company. [Insert link titled 'One Tin Soldier']
"

Or maybe click on his 'Moses comics' in the section about guidelines for talking with God.
#62AerothosPosted 11/15/2013 11:00:16 AM
It's not that he's religious that makes him crazy, it's that he's hearing God's voice. He says that while he was building his OS god was directing him along the way (i.e. long before his oracle program was complete). On his temple OS website there is even a Q&A session with god and some of the answers are just random thought patterns.

Him: Just before Katrina? God: Floods do my justice.Black bead elder(tree book)
Him: What makes my birds laugh? God: "bite ouch" (If I say "ouch".)
Him: Who's better alien or preditor? God: "Lions"
Him: Hardest part in evolution? God: Getting monkey mothers to hold babies nursing. (Smothering a problem).

The saddest thing is that many of his hymns have the common theme of him suffering and begging god for help....The voice he's hearing is his own, and seems to respond with his own first thought or fragment of one (i.e. he thinks "predator" and the voice responds "Lion", a powerful predator). The human brain retains all knowledge it's acquired throughout a humans lifetime. Everything we hear and see is in there somewhere, we just typically can't access all of it, but the voices schizophrenics hear sometimes can.

They often have distinct personalities very different from the person hearing them, and sometimes are very knowledgable about subjects the person hearing them never took an interest in or didn't bother to commit to (consious) memory, but had heard enough about in their lifetime to build up a pool of background knowledge in the back of their minds.

They say Nikolai Tesla believed he was receiving transmissions from mars and was prone to strange outbursts, it makes me wonder if their are any islands of genius in the coding of the sea of chaos that is his OS.
#63StarksPosted 11/15/2013 11:15:39 AM
I'm just waiting for an insane person to make a microkernel OS that can actually do something useful
---
#otchat ~ https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/otchat
Mods/Gods 2013
#64Rexdragon125Posted 11/15/2013 11:56:32 AM
He claims it to be a developers' OS but I'd be shocked if it even had an IDE, or supported more than C/C++. So, yeah.
#65DaedalusExPosted 11/15/2013 12:47:37 PM
Religious delusions and disorganized thinking are textbook symptoms of schizophrenia.
#66call of dutyPosted 11/15/2013 1:11:34 PM
"HolyC" looks very good
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 15
#67TheSchrefPosted 11/15/2013 1:15:16 PM
Laughed at this yesterday.

Feel bad for him today. Hope he gets better.
#68Treason686Posted 11/15/2013 1:26:19 PM
NeoBasilisk posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA

If you don't know how this stuff works, creating your own OS from scratch is basically the single most difficult thing you can do in Computer Science. The type of person that is capable of this is almost certainly going to have some personality quirks, but this guy takes it to a whole new level.

That depends on the complexity of the OS.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#69PathlessBulletPosted 11/15/2013 2:28:03 PM
NeoBasilisk posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA

That is ****ing horrifying. I felt so uncomfortable watching that video.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#70call of dutyPosted 11/15/2013 2:53:54 PM
Trance_Fan posted...
if it can be done in the 70s, it can be done today

What an ignorant comment. Do you know how many iterations of operating systems the basic Unix kernel went through before it became Windows 95?
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 15