This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think PC will start getting some of the games it has missed out on?

#1GoIrish80Posted 11/14/2013 9:09:51 AM
I ask because it seems like clearly the PC is in an upswing right now, and there have been things out there like the statement from MS that they are going to be focusing more on the PC in the future with "core" games. Also the belief that the PS4/Xbox One have a very similar architecture to a PC, thus it could potentially be easier to bring the games over. There are certain games that have been held out from the PC in recent times that I think in the next generation have a chance of coming to the platform:

- Red Dead Redemption (with how much they've been begged by PC Gamers for this game, how could they not release the next one?)
- EA Sports, namely Madden and NHL (Why they haven't done this yet to make Origin stronger, I have no idea)
- MS 1st party games like Halo, Gears of War, and Forza
- Final Fantasy games that aren't online
- Metal Gear Solid

While I'm not saying that I think ALL of these games are definitely coming to PC in the future, I do think that there is a better chance now than there has been for a long time. I'm also not naming these games specifically because I absolutely would buy every single one on the list and I love them all or anything, I'm just pointing out some high profile games that aren't currently released on PC.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#2ThePCElitistPosted 11/14/2013 9:11:35 AM
Isn't the upcoming MGS game confirmed to be released on PC at some point?
---
I hate windows 8!
#3KabtheMentatPosted 11/14/2013 9:12:41 AM
ThePCElitist posted...

Considering everything that's been shown about it was running off a PC, I don't see why not.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4squidgy617Posted 11/14/2013 9:34:33 AM
ThePCElitist posted...

Kojima said he wants to do it but its "not a priority".

I'd say that's actually a pretty good sign, especially considering everything they've shown was it running on PC (IIRC).
#5jake-sfPosted 11/14/2013 9:37:35 AM
There's a chance, but I think many developers fail to realize the potential of re-releases on PC. The entire MGS series put on Steam would make a killing. Just take a side team to develop it properly and I just have no idea how the cost could not be worth the profit.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#6Hi CPosted 11/14/2013 9:39:25 AM(edited)
Console games do not belong on PC.

Sports sell like crap on PC.
Arcade racers sell like crap on PC.
Halo and GoW are console style shooters.
JRPG's sell like crap on PC.
Metal Gear has more games on PC than not. (handheld spinoffs not included)

See first sentence.
---
You'll be my John G.
#7Chaos_MissilePosted 11/14/2013 9:39:14 AM
squidgy617 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

Kojima said he wants to do it but its "not a priority".

I'd say that's actually a pretty good sign, especially considering everything they've shown was it running on PC (IIRC).

He's also been saying Rising is coming to the PC:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/960727-metal-gear-rising-revengeance

10 months on, it is still TBA.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 11/14/2013 10:09:08 AM
we're definitely going to see more games-that-on-only-one-console-as-well-as-on-PC "exclusives".
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#9Cool_Dude667Posted 11/14/2013 10:17:00 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
we're definitely going to see more games-that-on-only-one-console-as-well-as-on-PC "exclusives".

this, its the best way for the developer to hande exclusives now with the similiar architecture
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#10SteamsterPosted 11/14/2013 10:32:40 AM
Hi C posted...
Sports sell like crap on PC.
Arcade racers sell like crap on PC.
JRPG's sell like crap on PC.

Hmm gee I wonder why.

Maybe it's because they don't release the god damn games on PC so it's impossible to sell very many of them.

Besides, let's see some links to actual data. I don't quite believe you.