This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Indigo Prophecy (a.k.a. Fahrenheit) ever come on Steam?

#21alexmercer17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 1:13:15 PM
Ch3wy posted...
alexmercer17 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Under games it says "Add non-Steam games to library."

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to play Indigo Prophecy again!

Just don't go crazy with it because if steam crashes it clears the list and your screenshots will be hidden away in a bunch of randomly named folders.

Can you please tell me what not to do if that's the case?
#22PraetorXynPosted 11/14/2013 3:50:36 PM
alexmercer17 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
alexmercer17 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Just don't go crazy with it because if steam crashes it clears the list and your screenshots will be hidden away in a bunch of randomly named folders.

Don't bother adding it to steam would be my advice. The Steam Overlay won't work anyway, and Steam will purge the list every few weeks or so so most people get tired of doing it.

I buy everything I can from GOG, there's nothing at all inconvenient about it. You'll also never have a problem modding GOG games, and some older games can't be easily modded on Steam.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#23Freelance_WolfPosted 11/14/2013 7:33:20 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Steam will purge the list every few weeks or so so most people get tired of doing it.

This can't be true. I have several games I've added to Steam and it's been months/years since then, yet all the games are still there.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#24alexmercer17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 6:30:01 AM(edited)
I just thought of this: would Indigo Prophecy even run on the desktop I'm gonna build? Specs for my desktop I'm building are: i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Plus motherboard, Hyper 212 EVO, R9 290X (graphics card),
1 TB WD Black HDD, 16 GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Windows 8 OS. Just thought of this since it is a fairly old game and my PC stopped running old games once. (Or at least that's what I remember it as.)
#25SpazH3dPosted 11/15/2013 6:39:52 AM
alexmercer17 posted...
I care because I use Steam and dont like GoG.

What reason do you have for not liking gog? There is no reason whatsoever to dislike it. It's an amazing site! I really cannot comprehend someone disliking gog.
---
- My vision is augmented
#26alexmercer17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 6:41:43 AM
It just seemed shady to me, like it would give my PC viruses. That's all. But now that you say that, I'm gonna try GoG as well as Steam.
#27SpazH3dPosted 11/15/2013 6:46:18 AM(edited)
Well! I think it's quite impossible for any of "their" games to give your PC viruses. Maybe you are using a silly antivirus program that gives you false warnings. It sounds like you never tried it though.

The GoG games would of course be fabulous for your not-so-good laptop.
---
- My vision is augmented
#28alexmercer17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 6:47:07 AM
I'm building a new desktop so that I can play brand new PC games. And I'll use a different antivirus program.
#29Cool_Dude667Posted 11/15/2013 8:24:13 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
alexmercer17 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
alexmercer17 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Don't bother adding it to steam would be my advice. The Steam Overlay won't work anyway, and Steam will purge the list every few weeks or so so most people get tired of doing it.

I have never heard of or ran into this issue myself, and i've been using steam for a long time...
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#30bobhome2Posted 11/15/2013 9:09:22 AM
alexmercer17 posted...
It just seemed shady to me, like it would give my PC viruses. That's all. But now that you say that, I'm gonna try GoG as well as Steam.

While I could understand that concern with a no-name site, GOG has been around a while now. I've had my account with them for about 5 years, and have had no problems. If you're worried that they will go belly-up, too, you could buy the game, download it, and burn it to a disk or something.