This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ultimate Console vs PC topic *Please sticky*

#11Bikes-Posted 11/14/2013 4:51:09 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Other people's preferences suck.

---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#12WyzeGyePosted 11/14/2013 6:20:58 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
HELZERO posted...
It all comes down to your personal preferences

Sticky requested

---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/JsGR60VNgYI - updated 11/14/2013
#13acangialPosted 11/14/2013 6:25:26 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist.

Easily one of the best replies in the history of this board. We actually had a few of those knuckle heads at our door today.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
#14BogePosted 11/14/2013 9:35:32 PM(edited)
I'm not sure I've ever known anyone that experienced PC gaming the right way actually go and prefer console gaming after.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#15Flaktrooper123Posted 11/14/2013 9:44:17 PM
Simply put, Consoles are for people who prefer simplicity with no frills, and don't mind having to replace the whole thing a few years down the road. In other words, people who want to have a GOOD hardware.

PC are for people who trade reliability for power (when I say power, i mean UNLIMITED POWAH!). People who grow up with mouse and keyboard control are also very very very reluctant to part with it. PC can be upgraded down the road (unless it is a laptop). PC is also a neutral ground in console wars, but you will soon realize it is a ground for another war (GPU and CPU wars) which we actually benefit from. If you want to be BROKEN, accept to substitute.
#16SteamsterPosted 11/14/2013 9:50:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17The cranky hermitPosted 11/14/2013 10:05:55 PM(edited)
I don't see how the Jehova's Witnesses comparison applies. This is PC gamer turf, and it seems to me that a console apologist is knocking on OUR door trying to justify THEIR existence. It would be a good reply if this was a console board and the topic was something like "PC has advantages regardless of your personal preferences."

PC are for people who trade reliability for power (when I say power, i mean UNLIMITED POWAH!).

In six years, my PS3 has broken twice, and my PC zero times. And if my PC had failed in the same manner as my PS3 (first time the ODD died, second time the bluetooth receiver died), I would have been able to fix it myself rather than send the whole thing in to be replaced, and even had been able to continue using the PC until the replacement part arrived.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#18hakmiyaPosted 11/14/2013 10:23:18 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist.

This is gold.

Sig.
#19Bellum_SacrumPosted 11/15/2013 2:45:36 AM
The cranky hermit posted...
I don't see how the Jehova's Witnesses comparison applies. This is PC gamer turf, and it seems to me that a console apologist is knocking on OUR door trying to justify THEIR existence. It would be a good reply if this was a console board and the topic was something like "PC has advantages regardless of your personal preferences."

You've probably missed the "modern" part due to all the tears.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#20runromPosted 11/15/2013 2:46:52 AM
Console gamers are too stupid to tell the difference between 30fps and 60 fps.

They might as well not bother with a native 1080p at all.
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.