This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ultimate Console vs PC topic *Please sticky*

#31AsucaHayashiPosted 11/15/2013 6:26:14 AM(edited)
That's a reassurance topic.
yeah, no s***.

Not to mention that all points in it are true.
lol

his first point is that consoles are better because everybody is on an even playing field with controllers on console if one hates m/kb.

how the hell is that different from saying PC is better than console because everybody is on an even playing with m/kb if one hates controllers?

Unless you're saying console gamers are desperately begging for attention in their own forums.

i was never the one who went on about begging for attention this, cry for attention that.

i specifically said:
just don't pretend you have any idea of PC pricing, options and software availability when speaking as a console-only gamer.

that is the main problem.

eg. in a topic about PC/console comparisons, console-only gamers feel the need to share their lack of information on PC gaming and when proven wrong on an almost habitual basis, they start to get really mad and defensive.

that was my point.

Anyway, attention is something console gamers have no need of.

again i was never the one who commented on this "attention" business.

anyways it's all good and well until they're stuck with that one console that absolutely sucks with no software and no support(lolwiiu).

not all consoles(or handhelds... lol vita) are created equally which is why it's hilarious when people lump console gaming together as one great entity thinking they're all getting games like mario, zelda, uncharted, halo, gears etc. all for the price of $400 when in reality it takes far more money to invest in full console gaming than it does with PC gaming yet people are (intentionally)ignoring that fact.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#32SpazH3dPosted 11/15/2013 6:33:43 AM
If it gets sticky'd this will get to 500 posts in 3 days and will then be useless.
---
- My vision is augmented
#33harcoreblazerPosted 11/15/2013 6:38:56 AM
Requesting sticky so we have a place to concentrate all the console war idiots.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#34MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/15/2013 6:50:23 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
runrom posted...
Console gamers are too stupid to tell the difference between 30fps and 60 fps.

They might as well not bother with a native 1080p at all.

MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Nor would they bother with actually having playable controls for FPSes. I few months ago, I played an FPS on console again for the first time in years and it was actually horrible. Mouse+KB all the way.

The sad thing about the above posts is that they make the exact opposite point of the one they mean to.

1. Native 1080p/60 fps is the "theme" of the next-gen of consoles and is therefore important to console gamers in that respect.
2. You could use Mouse/KB to play fps games on consoles since last gen.

You kids are just peasants pretending to be PC gamers. The master race deems you disgraceful, and sentences you to playing FPS games on Nintendo consoles with motion controls. That should teach you.

So I only game on PC, and I game a lot, but I'm not a PC gamer? Sure, whatever.

99% of console gamers will use gamepads on a console FPS. Why play the game MP if it's not going to be a challenge?

And playing an FPS with motion controls is actually really good. I've done it before and it's way better than aiming with twin sticks.

And if the "Theme" of next-gen console gaming is 1080/60 they're doing a complete rubbish job of it considering that several games are both less than 1080 and less than 60.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#35El_ZaggyPosted 11/15/2013 6:53:48 AM(edited)
Some people like their game fps to dip below 20, some people dont. Its all a matter of preference.

(I honestly was on the xbox one board and people were like: who cares if Dead Rising goes under 20 fps, it looks good!... really...facepalmed)
#36maybecallsPosted 11/15/2013 7:24:03 AM
Pretty much all I play now are Warband and a few 'small' games that would run on any old PC. I'm out of the latest hardware loop, and almost immune to hype. Feels good.
#37Bellum_SacrumPosted 11/15/2013 7:25:08 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
his first point is that consoles are better because everybody is on an even playing field with controllers on console if one hates m/kb.
how the hell is that different from saying PC is better than console because everybody is on an even playing with m/kb if one hates controllers?

My NES controller can't be better/more expensive than your NES controller (with a few exceptions admittedly). Meanwhile on PC land, the war rages over gaming mice/mousepads and dpi settings. Considering that m/kb users on consoles are extremely rare while controller users on PC are increasing as a result of modern PC games being mostly console ports, it is a valid statement. Not to mention that PC is plagued by other issues like people playing with minimum settings/tweaked .ini files to gain an advantage over people who don't.

just don't pretend you have any idea of PC pricing, options and software availability when speaking as a console-only gamer.
eg. in a topic about PC/console comparisons, console-only gamers feel the need to share their lack of information on PC gaming and when proven wrong on an almost habitual basis, they start to get really mad and defensive.

Hoho, sorry, it's the other way around. The ones constantly mad and defensive are the modern PC gamers. Not to mention that a decent amount of them are oblivious to the fact that Steam is a DRM platform, or that they don't own their games. According to laws in the EU at least, if you can't resell something, you don't own it. You own a license to play it, but you don't own a copy of the product. Now watch as every Steam monkey gets all mad and defensive and starts spewing nonsense.

in reality it takes far more money to invest in full console gaming than it does with PC gaming yet people are (intentionally)ignoring that fact.

Wrong, proving my point above yet again. I can pay what should amount to $60 per year for unlimited rentals for all consoles except the handheld ones. I can easily play every game that comes out for every console on release date for that price. You couldn't even dream of doing that on PC. Yes, I wouldn't own any copies of these games, but a Steam user can't own them anyway. Still if I felt overly attached to a title and wanted to buy it I could always buy it for dirt cheap after a couple of years from a family store or used, without having to wait for a Steam sale.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#38TehPwnzererPosted 11/15/2013 7:28:30 AM
PC gamers have more of a hard-on for the hardware of their rig than they do actual games. I never see them actually talk about games or how fun they are or what they liked about them the way console gamers do. It's always about how they looked, how many fps they achieved. how low their temperatures ran, how high their settings were, ubersampling, hyper-threading, and the whole nine yards. They use games as more of a display piece to pride themselves in their computer. They kind of remind me of mad scientists rather than gamers.
#39AsucaHayashiPosted 11/15/2013 7:48:39 AM
My NES controller can't be better/more expensive than your NES controller (with a few exceptions admittedly). Meanwhile on PC land, the war rages over gaming mice/mousepads and dpi settings. Considering that m/kb users on consoles are extremely rare while controller users on PC are increasing as a result of modern PC games being mostly console ports, it is a valid statement. Not to mention that PC is plagued by other issues like people playing with minimum settings/tweaked .ini files to gain an advantage over people who don't.

xim3.

gg.

Hoho, sorry, it's the other way around. The ones constantly mad and defensive are the modern PC gamers.

your words against mine... you'll find yourself in the minority on this forum.

Not to mention that a decent amount of them are oblivious to the fact that Steam is a DRM platform, or that they don't own their games. According to laws in the EU at least, if you can't resell something, you don't own it. You own a license to play it, but you don't own a copy of the product. Now watch as every Steam monkey gets all mad and defensive and starts spewing nonsense.

i have no idea where this came from but i can only imagine you're trying to instigate something.

Wrong, proving my point above yet again. I can pay what should amount to $60 per year for unlimited rentals for all consoles except the handheld ones. I can easily play every game that comes out for every console on release date for that price. You couldn't even dream of doing that on PC. Yes, I wouldn't own any copies of these games, but a Steam user can't own them anyway. Still if I felt overly attached to a title and wanted to buy it I could always buy it for dirt cheap after a couple of years from a family store or used, without having to wait for a Steam sale.

literally using rental services as your argument for gaming being cheaper across all consoles... just wow.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#40-GhosT-Posted 11/15/2013 8:54:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]