This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PC just crashed, restarted and said "CPU Temperature to high". (83C)

#1Skul_Posted 11/14/2013 7:55:53 PM(edited)
BIOS screen showed it at 83C.

It happened while playing League of Legends.
(i5-2500, Stock speeds and cooler)

What should i do about this..
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/14/2013 8:01:53 PM
Get an aftermarket cooler.
Did it actually say your CPU temp was too high?
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#3Skul_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:02:47 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Get an aftermarket cooler.
Did it actually say your CPU temp was too high?

Yeah it did. This has never happened before though. Do i really need an aftermarket cooler for a stock i5-2500?
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#4daemon_danPosted 11/14/2013 8:10:02 PM
I'm thinking the fan on your cooler might be messing up. If you can mount a different fan to it, try that. But seriously 83C is too high playing LoL. Though as far as your PC crashing that seems low for a crash. Dig around in your BIOS and see if there is a thing for setting your max CPU temp setting. Also double check what the max is for the CPU
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#5Skul_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:11:49 PM
daemon_dan posted...
I'm thinking the fan on your cooler might be messing up. If you can mount a different fan to it, try that. But seriously 83C is too high playing LoL. Though as far as your PC crashing that seems low for a crash. Dig around in your BIOS and see if there is a thing for setting your max CPU temp setting. Also double check what the max is for the CPU

It was 83C after it rebooted. Core Temp says the TJMax is 98C.
Ill have a look in my BIOS and see.

I am in australia though, so its not exactly cool here,
---
#6SnadadosPosted 11/14/2013 8:11:54 PM
How long has it been since you cleaned out the dust on the cooler?
I had a stock cooler on my 2500 for a while and a bit of dust can make it run 10c hotter.

If it is clean I'd make sure the cooler is securely connected.
If one of the pins on the cooler popped loose then it will not dissipate heat since it is not making solid contact with the CPU.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#7daemon_danPosted 11/14/2013 8:14:03 PM
S*** if you're reaching 98 playing LOL that is CRAZY. Just... holy crap. Make sure your CPU fan is actually spinning up
---
#8Skul_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:14:35 PM
Snadados posted...
How long has it been since you cleaned out the dust on the cooler?
I had a stock cooler on my 2500 for a while and a bit of dust can make it run 10c hotter.

If it is clean I'd make sure the cooler is securely connected.
If one of the pins on the cooler popped loose then it will not dissipate heat since it is not making solid contact with the CPU.

About 3 days ago i cleaned it. (Because my GPU was reaching 100C i cleaned it all out.)
---
#9Skul_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:15:00 PM
daemon_dan posted...
S*** if you're reaching 98 playing LOL that is CRAZY. Just... holy crap. Make sure your CPU fan is actually spinning up

The thing is, i played Battlefield 3 last night with no problems.
---
#10daemon_danPosted 11/14/2013 8:16:01 PM
Skul_ posted...
daemon_dan posted...

The thing is, i played Battlefield 3 last night with no problems.

That doesn't mean that between last night and now your CPU fan crapped out. It happens
---