This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help setting up a router?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help setting up a router?

User Info: XXCalibanXX

XXCalibanXX
3 years ago#1
So I know this is a total noob question but I'm having issues with my router. I set it up years ago, and when my internet kept dropping today I kept unplugging modem and router. Eventually that stopped working so I reset both of them. Well I thought resetting the router was the same as modem, but no, it reset to factory and now I'm not sure how it was set up before. So, I created it and changed my passcode and got connected again, but I have this nagging feeling I didn't finish everything and I don't want to be open to crap. I went to 192.168.1.1 and looked through everything but I can't remember what was what before. I don't know what should be ticked and what shouldn't, Im not sure what security it should be set to. Right now is WPA-2 with AES and I believe that's what it was before but not 100%. its a Linksys router wrt160n, I just want it set up right, thanks everybody.
i7-3930k | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | EVGA 680's SC SLI | Corsair 480 gb SSD | Corsair 850 PSU | Dominator Platinum 32 GB | Corsair H80 cooler | Win8 pro 64-bit

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
3 years ago#2
If you have some form of security or MAC filtering and can connect to the internet, you should be fine.
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help setting up a router?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived