This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SSDO sure does suck...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SSDO sure does suck...

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#1
Basically just a fuzzy black haze around objects that are in front of other objects.
Cannot ****ing wait for global illumination to take over. The AO that that provides will be fan-****ing-tastic and worth every frame. :F
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley

User Info: KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall
3 years ago#2
SSDO, is that s*** used in Far Cry 3?
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#3
No, that's HDAO, HBAO, and SSAO.
SSDO is used in Crysis 2, and is basically a fuzzier version of that crappy console AO used in games like FEAR 2 and Gears 2.

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#4
I think any ****ing type of AO isn't worth the ****ing performance hit you get from it, unless you have plenty of ****ing power to spare.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

KidInTheHall
3 years ago#5
I liked Far Cry 3 but it was sometimes weird looking.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750

KidInTheHall
3 years ago#6
Ch3wy posted...
I think any ****ing type of AO isn't worth the ****ing performance hit you get from it, unless you have plenty of ****ing power to spare.

f***in' A !

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#7
Ch3wy posted...

But AO is so cheap these days. :|
Only SSAO is really demanding on performance, and that's because it's basically localized raytracing between pixels.(which is why it's usually low res, or uses a poor sampling radius, or doesn't use enough occlusion samples, ect ect. Very High SSAO setting in NVCP was quite nice, though, besides missing adjacent pixels a bit too often and running like ****)

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
3 years ago#8
I always get confused, which one is the better one between HDAO an HBAO? Actually, could anyone list all the AO types and the approximate order in quality?
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#9
Supposedly, from worst to best:
Garbage that FEAR 2 uses
SSAO
SSAO+
HBAO
SSDO
HDAO
HBAO+
SGVOGIAO

However, IMHO, SSDO is garbage, HDAO feels like the CSAA of SSAO, and what I've seen of HBAO+ just lacks depth outside of Z.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SSDO sure does suck...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived