This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I found a file I was pretty sure is malware

#1LootmanPosted 11/15/2013 9:43:57 AM(edited)
So I deleted it, well, I booted into safe mode and deleted it in there because it always told me it was still running whilst booted normally.

The problem is, every time I boot now it comes up with this error:

"RunDDL
There was a problem starting
*directory of file I deleted in safe mode*

The specified module could not be found."

Here's a picture of it:
http://i.imgur.com/5fzguDd.jpg

How do I stop this error from appearing? I've gone into msconfig and stopped it trying to load that on startup... But it still comes up.
---
\(._.)/ Luigi and Tails (Moderator) posted...
._.)/ Lootman wanted a signature and Luigi and Tails told him to go away.
#2Rolen47Posted 11/15/2013 9:56:20 AM
Did you completely uninstall Conduit Toolbar? I think that's what that DLL is associated with. It might be tricky to completely uninstall it, try this:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-apps-search-and-toolbar/
#3lost_withinPosted 11/15/2013 10:05:24 AM
Thats smart... delete random .dll files that you have no idea what they may or may not do.

I would try running malwarebytes and combofix and as said before remove the rest of the conduit bar...

if none of those work you can make windows stop launching conduit bar on start-up via msconfig.exe
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#4mrCubePosted 11/15/2013 10:09:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5JockoPosted 11/15/2013 11:20:59 AM
Run Malewarebytes. If it doesn't find it then download and run Autoruns from Microsoft and see if you can uncheck or delete the entry from there.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#6Skul_Posted 11/15/2013 3:55:34 PM
Find the file and scan it directly with malwarebytes.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#7Lootman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 6:36:50 AM(edited)
lost_within posted...
Thats smart... delete random .dll files that you have no idea what they may or may not do.

I would try running malwarebytes and combofix and as said before remove the rest of the conduit bar...

if none of those work you can make windows stop launching conduit bar on start-up via msconfig.exe

What? I never said I didn't know what it did, I only said I'm 'Pretty sure it's malware', I did look up what it was first after finding it in msconfig.

EDIT: Never mind, you clearly can't read, because your suggestion was stop it running in msconfig, which I said I did in my post.
---
\(._.)/ Luigi and Tails (Moderator) posted...
._.)/ Lootman wanted a signature and Luigi and Tails told him to go away.
#8lost_withinPosted 11/19/2013 7:27:38 AM
Lootman posted...
lost_within posted...

What? I never said I didn't know what it did, I only said I'm 'Pretty sure it's malware', I did look up what it was first after finding it in msconfig.

EDIT: Never mind, you clearly can't read, because your suggestion was stop it running in msconfig, which I said I did in my post.

Yes clearly I can not read... or did not read... not sure yet... the jury is still out...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison