This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some help figuring out why my PC shuts off randomly

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 11/15/2013 10:53:57 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
what's your average temp under load?

Mid 60s. but isn't the max like 80 degrees? That's what Core Temp says.

max safe operating temp of the phenom II is 62C so uh... not saying that's your problem but it's definitely a problem.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#12StingyrayPosted 11/15/2013 10:54:00 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Altmadragon posted...
It is your crappy psu, no offense to you. It's crappy an can't provide your system enough juice anymore to handle under load situations.

If I was you I'd get rid of it as soon as possible before it fries the rest of your system.

I know I took a big risk doing this. I'll definitely get a more reliable one. Would 400w be enough for my specs?

Whenever I build a computer, I always over compensate on the PSU. PSU's degrade over time losing wattage and you may want to upgrade later on down the road requiring a beefier PSU, saving you money on buying yet another PSU.
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#13TropicMoon10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 11:08:33 AM
Well I appreciate all the comments. Hopefully replacing the power supply ends up being right.

AsucaHayashi posted...
max safe operating temp of the phenom II is 62C so uh... not saying that's your problem but it's definitely a problem.

Maybe Core Temp's way of measuring is different from the actual temperatures? i'm not sure. I've had it go up to 72C one hot day and there was no instability at all from what I could tell.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#14ClouddxPosted 11/15/2013 11:10:40 AM(edited)
Well, run these programs...

IBT - CPU Stress Test
MSIKombuster - GPU Stress Test
MemTest - Test Ram for errors
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S