This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Between PvE and PvP, which do you have a preference for?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Between PvE and PvP, which do you have a preference for?

User Info: runrom

runrom
3 years ago#1
PvE or PvP? - Results (192 votes)
PvE (player(s) vs. environment)
83.85% (161 votes)
PvP (player(s) vs. player(s))
16.15% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Some days I enjoy a competitive atmosphere, some days I just relax with others in a co-op game (Killing Floor or CoH co-op come to mind). But I tend to lean towards PvP.
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.

User Info: Featherwind

Featherwind
3 years ago#2
They are not always completely separate. For example arcade high scores, speed runs, competition between MMO guilds etc.

I have played PvP more but now I'm leaning more towards PvE games as I have less time to play. It seems there are less good co-op games than there are PvP games which has been a problem for me. Besides L4D2 I haven't really played any outstanding ones lately...
pathological

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#3
I strongly prefer PvE. Honestly it's because I'm a poor loser. Even if I win 75% of the time in a PvP game (which is crazy unlikely, I've only had a few games I was that good at), the losses frustrate/upset me too much for me to truly enjoy the game.

I absolutely love multiplayer PvE co-op though.
Currently playing: The Witcher 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#4
I used to be huge into pvp when I played WoW, mostly in BC and Early Wrath. I've never really been too big into shooters, I put some time into halo 2 but that's it really. Late Wrath I started getting more into PvE and just lost my taste for PvP altogether. I really loved Mass Effect 3's MP, I'm waiting for something to come out with a similar formula.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
Depends on the genre I'm playing.
For example I'm horrible at RTS so I don't play against other people but I tend to enjoy single player campaigns (such as Starcraft 2).
The only genres I play online are ARPGs and first-person shooters. Even ARPGs I tend to play on my own because there are too many idiots out there that can ruin my game, so I either play alone or with select friends.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: The_Count_Foo

The_Count_Foo
3 years ago#6
Depends on the game.
Divided by night...

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
3 years ago#7
Depends on which ever stretches out the epeen longer in a particular game.
Never forget.... Building #7

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
3 years ago#8
Im a really competitive person and like the challenge and satisfaction of beating other humans so I prefer PvP.
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#9
Depends on my mood.

Generally, I'm up for either, but overall I tend to PvE just because I'm realllyyyyy bad at PvP. Were I better, I'd PvP more.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: TheSchref

TheSchref
3 years ago#10
Depends.

Coop games can be great, but sometimes I just want to destroy other people.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Between PvE and PvP, which do you have a preference for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived