This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 4 wishlist

#11EngineeringRacePosted 11/15/2013 1:18:35 PM
1) For the love of all that is good in this sacred world, please, PLEASE fix the walking and running animations. I cannot take another glance at a floaty diagonal gait that looks nothing but unnatural.
#12BogePosted 11/15/2013 1:38:21 PM
Larger world.

More memorable characters.

My biggest complaint with Bethesda games is that they have so many characters, but none of them have any real emotional connection to the player. You do their quest and then you never see them again. Having similar faces and voices really doesn't help either. I want true meaningful characters in the game that you come to know and love or hate, but they're persistent throughout the game and story.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#13Ch3wyPosted 11/15/2013 1:39:51 PM
Boge posted...
Larger world.

My biggest complaint with Bethesda games is that they have so many characters, but none of them have any real emotional connection to the player. You do their quest and then you never see them again. Having similar faces and voices really doesn't help either. I want true meaningful characters in the game that you come to know and love or hate, but they're persistent throughout the game and story.

J'zargo was very memorable.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14dekouPosted 11/15/2013 1:46:37 PM(edited)
A standalone expansion made by Obsidian later on. Alternatively, Bethesda could hire some decent writers.
#15xanthan1Posted 11/15/2013 5:18:08 PM
dekou posted...
A standalone expansion made by Obsidian later on. Alternatively, Bethesda could hire some decent writers.

Or just have Obsidian make it.

I'd rather have people who can make a nothorriblystupid world then a pretty but horribly stupid one,
#16BogePosted 11/15/2013 6:46:01 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Boge posted...
Larger world.

Who? I don't remember that character...seriously.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#17SlashmanSGPosted 11/15/2013 6:50:53 PM
Boge posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Boge posted...
Larger world.

Who? I don't remember that character...seriously.

The Kajiit mage in the College.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#18TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 11/15/2013 6:56:43 PM(edited)
I mainly want to see the improvements in New Vegas with the exploration of Fallout 3. There were a lot of interesting places and it seemed like a clever Easter egg was hidden around every corner. New Vegas just felt empty by comparison. I spent much more time playing Fallout 3. I did like the dialogue and gameplay improvements New Vegas made, though. It'd be interesting if Bethesda and Obsidian worked together on the game to accomplish something like this.

An improved Creation Engine or a different engine entirely would be good, too. Honestly, Skyrim has pretty crappy lighting effects and such and only looks good when ultra high-res textures and some lighting mods are used. And those aren't always very stable. Also, Skyrim had some big issues with modding, like save bloating. The shadows were also screwed up. They didn't move in real-time (they shifted every hour...which looked ridiculous), they occasionally looked really blocky and/or stripy, and they killed performance. Oblivion handled shadows better. Torches actually changed the direction of shadows. Fallout is the type of game that would benefit greatly from good lighting effects.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#19ggf162Posted 11/15/2013 7:21:06 PM
Guns that don't magically do more damage when you level up. Keep the mod system but you would have level/skill limits for them; make them more key to the combat system.

The melee system is perfectly fine though.
---
The Dude abides
#20PathlessBulletPosted 11/15/2013 7:24:52 PM
codyorr posted...
My wish is that it's handed over to Rockstar to develop.

---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."