This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I missing out by not getting a PS4?

#11BogePosted 11/15/2013 1:35:39 PM(edited)
What's happening right now is that you're feeling the hype. I feel it all the time with a new console release even though I don't care to own that console at all. Something inside me almost tries to talk me into it. It's probably from the exciting console life I had as a teenager. Just push through that and you'll be fine.

For every great console game, there are at least 3 great PC games. Also, most of those great console games are also on PCs. So, yes, you're missing out on a few exclusives if you don't own a PS4. You're missing out on a lot of great exclusives if you don't own a PC. Make your choice.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#12arleasPosted 11/15/2013 1:35:11 PM
Unless you're so poor you can't afford to get both at some point in time or another, you can always get a PS4 later...The way I feel about Sony is that it's a mistake to buy anything on launch anyway, because you never know what kind of weird quirks the hardware will have.

Better to wait and see what everyone is complaining about before you jump in and buy one and find out the hard way.
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#13CourtofOwlsPosted 11/15/2013 1:36:03 PM
you sure are
you're missing out on it breaking down just after the warranty is up,dealing with the worst customer "service" in history and being out your $400 + tax and a pile of games you can no longer play unless you spend another $350 (assuming the price has dropped by then)
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#14Orestes417Posted 11/15/2013 1:37:50 PM
The only thing you're missing out on by not buying at launch is an almost nonexistent library, price gouging and potential first gen hardware issues. Long term though, if it has games you want to play pick it up later. If they're worth playing at launch they'll still be worth playing when you get around to it and most likely cheaper to boot.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#15Sempiterna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 1:44:41 PM
Sounds good I won't let the hype derail me but yeah, I'll continue my build. I may end up waiting so I can see what'll happen. I don't even know Sony enough to buy their console at launch anyway. I may end up buying a Wii U in 3 years just to play Smash and Zelda on.
---
If nothing you do will fail, how much more would you do? Show me,
Utube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Altermax777
#16ShubPosted 11/15/2013 1:56:50 PM
Sempiterna posted...
there's emulation.

It may be years before a PC can emulate a PS4 well, although since they both use x86 CPUs, it may be a lot easier than other consoles... hard to say at this point.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#17r0ge00Posted 11/15/2013 2:04:42 PM(edited)
At this point? No. In a few years? Maybe. If so, buy one then.
#18Tucker_BAPosted 11/15/2013 2:02:08 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
The exclusives titles which are better than PC exclusives

damn das a gud joek
---
Houston Butts: 2-6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#19hazecloudPosted 11/15/2013 2:07:38 PM
stick with PC. Its true that eventually it would lead to consolized PC, sort of.
Next, its true that it is stupid to buy consoles on launch.
---
Games are meant to be played. Why so serious.
#20FeatherwindPosted 11/15/2013 2:15:40 PM
Pretty much the only reason to buy the PS4 would be for the exclusives. Sony knows this so they will probably arrange for more exclusive games later on. Unless you want to play Knack or Killzone right now there is really no reason to not wait.

I don't think you'll miss a lot of if you don't buy a PS4 but you'll definitely miss a lot if you don't have a PC.

I have enjoyed PC exclusives much more than the exclusives of all the consoles I own combined.
---
pathological