This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I missing out by not getting a PS4?

#31BasilVZeroPosted 11/15/2013 3:34:10 PM
Not yet but you will be from first party exclusives and third party console line exclusives.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#32Rama_XPosted 11/15/2013 3:40:27 PM
kelemvor posted...
Rama_X posted...
Featherwind posted...
Pretty much the only reason to buy the PS4 would be for the exclusives. Sony knows this so they will probably arrange for more exclusive games later on. Unless you want to play Knack or Killzone right now there is really no reason to not wait.

I don't think you'll miss a lot of if you don't buy a PS4 but you'll definitely miss a lot if you don't have a PC.

I have enjoyed PC exclusives much more than the exclusives of all the consoles I own combined.

Out of curiosity, which PC exclusives are you talking about?

Can't speak for Featherwind, but if you are a strategy gamer, PCs are pretty much your only choice. X-Com EU was cross platform and it suffered for it. Also we get more 'hardcore' FPS games like Planetside 2 and Arma 3. Star Citizen is the biggest PC exclusive that I'm waiting for.

Strategy games was what i was thinking, but most people prefer other type of games. Also playing FPS with a mouse doesnt get old.
---
Iam POPWW
#33FeatherwindPosted 11/15/2013 3:41:38 PM(edited)
Rama_X posted...
Featherwind posted...
Pretty much the only reason to buy the PS4 would be for the exclusives. Sony knows this so they will probably arrange for more exclusive games later on. Unless you want to play Knack or Killzone right now there is really no reason to not wait.

I don't think you'll miss a lot of if you don't buy a PS4 but you'll definitely miss a lot if you don't have a PC.

I have enjoyed PC exclusives much more than the exclusives of all the consoles I own combined.

Too many to list and I think it's mostly just personal taste. 9/10 of my top games are PC exclusives and Morrowind while not strictly exclusive is crap on consoles.

Like the Lord of the Dead said most strategy games are on PC only. MMORPG and MOBA are also very popular genres that aren't seen on consoles much. During this "gen" I played a lot of WoW and LoL. Also some games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas have significant amounts of PC only content available. But there are a lot of good recentish games even outside of these genres that are PC exclusives like M&B: Warband and Stalker: Call of Pripyat.
---
pathological
#34TheArcadePosted 11/15/2013 3:44:02 PM
**** I didn't even know PS4 was coming out today. I'm usually on top of gaming news!
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#35Rama_XPosted 11/15/2013 3:51:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36Rama_XPosted 11/15/2013 3:52:21 PM
Featherwind posted...
Rama_X posted...
Featherwind posted...

Too many to list and I think it's mostly just personal taste. 9/10 of my top games are PC exclusives and Morrowind while not strictly exclusive is crap on consoles.

Like the Lord of the Dead said most strategy games are on PC only. MMORPG and MOBA are also very popular genres that aren't seen on consoles much. During this "gen" I played a lot of WoW and LoL. Also some games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas have significant amounts of PC only content available. But there are a lot of good recentish games even outside of these genres that are PC exclusives like M&B: Warband and Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

Well i dont like playing online, but that is just me. Mods are a very good pro for pc for sure. Also games being cheaper.
---
Iam POPWW
#37HenryKazukaPosted 11/15/2013 4:40:23 PM
IMO this is the perfect gen to change platforms and get a PC. But if you really like Sony exclusives, maybe you can buy a PS4 when those come out.
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#38KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/15/2013 5:01:52 PM
Primary Platform - PC
Secondary Platform - Playstation 4 (console/PS4 exclusives only)
Tertiary Platform - Wii U (for the Nintendo exclusives when they finally hit)

That's my opinion anyway, you get the best spread and variety from this combo. I think a lot of the Xbone games will end up on the PC anyway.
---
PLAYING - Batman Arkham City (PC), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
MOST WANTED - PlayStation 4, Killzone SF, Knack, ACIV: Black Flag
#39singhellotakuPosted 11/15/2013 9:45:59 PM
not yet