This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to hide the contents of a file? Want to release a mod but...

#1Whitemike20052Posted 11/15/2013 3:18:11 PM
i dont want anyone to look inside the contents of the files i have and then use it for there mods.

Basically me and this other guy are creating a mod for a game. Our staple of the mod is how many enemies we have spawning. He has released his latest version whilst ive been testing and changing variables for weeks trying to get the most enemies i can.

The most he has been able to achieve is about 30 or so. I managed to get them into the hundreds last night.

I dont want to release my mod and then have him download mine and see what i have changed and then add it to his. Because honestly his mod has a extra feature that he came up with and im not gonna add it to mine. So basically if he steals my files, he will ultimately have the better mod.

TLDR; How do i have a file's contents hidden so noone can look inside but still be able to play on the game.

Sorry for any confusion.
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#2Digital StormPosted 11/15/2013 3:20:28 PM
You don't.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 3:23:33 PM
Digital Storm posted...
You don't.

Damn foreal?
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#4SpazH3dPosted 11/15/2013 3:38:59 PM
How about you guys work together? Or is he your nemesis?
---
- My vision is augmented
#5Skul_Posted 11/15/2013 3:41:19 PM
SpazH3d posted...

This. Make an uber mod, with his extra feature and your hundereds of enemies and my business sense we will be millionaires.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#6Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 3:47:07 PM(edited)
Skul_ posted...
SpazH3d posted...

This. Make an uber mod, with his extra feature and your hundereds of enemies and my business sense we will be millionaires.

That made me lol hard. Thanks.

SpazH3d posted...

I wouldnt say nemesis, but i asked him for help in the past about changing animations for walking enemies to fast running ones. Because he managed to change the running enemies into walkers. I had a beta version of the mod ready, next thing you know he releases a half assed version of runners just to get it out before me. The animations were all ****'d up but he did it in spite just to one up me.

Im sure he will steal my variables and other files i added and pass them off as his. I really want to release it to the community because the game is insane now. But i also want credit and i want it to stay on my mod.

Sounds selfish but it is what it is. Ive been working on this **** for weeks.
---
THE GAME
#7Skul_Posted 11/15/2013 3:54:37 PM
Put tiny little pointless things in your code that dont affect preformance or anything at all. That way if he copies it you can be like "THIS GUY IS A PHOTOCOPIER"
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#8dragon504Posted 11/15/2013 3:55:18 PM
have a note in the description of the mod saying something like: get this mod from me before x steals it and calls it his own
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#9Treason686Posted 11/15/2013 5:19:25 PM
Surely there's a way to mess with it somehow. What's the game?

Is this just an ini/settings file or something?
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#10squidgy617Posted 11/15/2013 5:33:51 PM
Treason686 posted...
Surely there's a way to mess with it somehow. What's the game?

Is this just an ini/settings file or something?

This. What game is it? Would help a lot.