This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think it's ok to ask for computer help for free?

#21The_DeskPosted 11/15/2013 8:45:38 PM
I help people for free all the time, and sometimes they help me in areas they're more skilled in. Blood has nothing to do with it. What gets me are these ones who make a business of severely over charging to do the simplest thing because someone doesn't know better. A fair price go for it but when all you have to do is install their OS from a disk they hand you and you charge 200+ it's just being an ass.
#22nightshadeAPosted 11/15/2013 11:20:53 PM
the same reason just because i worked for a used game business they thought i could give discounts and pay more for games......
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#23AlleRacingPosted 11/16/2013 3:20:10 AM
I've never had that problem. Only had one buddy ask me to trouble shoot a laptop he bought, and he brought pizza and beer.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#24Tommy2GoGoPosted 11/16/2013 3:37:04 AM
I don't mind helping friend/s or close people I want connections with.
#25KabtheMentatPosted 11/16/2013 3:43:52 AM
Tommy2GoGo posted...
I don't mind helping friend/s or close people I want connections with.

Someone did a pretty girl's homework...
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#26torres007Posted 11/16/2013 3:52:04 AM
One of my best friends is a mechanic and he will work on anyone's car in our little circle for free. I also fix everyone's computers for free because they are all great friends.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#27thefabregas22Posted 11/16/2013 4:08:05 AM(edited)
gsf4lyfe posted...
If I were a mechanic whose hobby was working on cars, none of my friends/realtives (other than like my mom) would think it would be ok to ask me to do work for them for free. Sitting in front of a computer for 4 hours trying to remove all nature of malware and viruses without losing personal data isn't what I'd consider fun.

I usually just say I'm busy or something, but damn.

My uncle knows a bit about cars and has spent hours trying to fix my mums car. Multiple times.

I think if you think like that you might have some selfish actions hidden deep inside.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#28LazyyAmericanPosted 11/16/2013 6:17:48 AM
Just do a system wipe, reinstall windows, completely clean and done within a half hour. The only "skill" required is the ability to click buttons.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#29LordSeiferPosted 11/16/2013 6:37:44 AM
If I were a mechanic whose hobby was working on cars, none of my friends/realtives (other than like my mom) would think it would be ok to ask me to do work for them for free

sure they would
---
^ this
#30Madridiq8ePosted 11/16/2013 7:35:50 AM
you should never let anyone in your family know how good you are with the computer ..

they'll ask for your help every time they have a tiny problem.. you'll end up helping your whole family and then the news will reach your aunts and cousins that you're good with computers and they'll ask for your help ...

it'll never end.. trust me