This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console guy here...but I just want to say

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 11/15/2013 4:21:39 PM
You lucky bastards! I saw a trailer for "The Forest" it's only on PC, man that looks good we need more horror games like that, there are quite a few games I wish would make it to consoles, like some decent strategy games, or decent MMO's...but I saw the trailer for this game just blew me away it looks crazy.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2Jprime666Posted 11/15/2013 4:29:06 PM(edited)
Don't buy a PS4 and XB1 and just build a PC that's better than those 2.

Even if a strategy game made it to PS4 you'd really need a KB/M to play it properly anyway.
---
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat
#3Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 4:25:29 PM
Jprime666 posted...

Even if a strategy made it to PS4 you'd really need a KB/M to play it properly anyway.

That thought did cross my mind, BUT my knowledge in building a gaming rig isn't very well educated :-( so I wouldn't even know where to start. I always did want to have one though.
---
Because I can buy both.
#4ClouddxPosted 11/15/2013 4:30:56 PM
Quote:Jprime666 posted...

Even if a strategy made it to PS4 you'd really need a KB/M to play it properly anyway.

That thought did cross my mind, BUT my knowledge in building a gaming rig isn't very well educated :-( so I wouldn't even know where to start. I always did want to have one though.

@Exodus_Prime

You act like this board can't help...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/15/2013 4:31:06 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jprime666 posted...

It's easier than you think, this time 14 months ago I was in a similar position. But after receiving advice off of some good users on this board I went for it. I ended up really enjoying building it, had no problems and I now have a beast of a machine. DO IT!
---
PLAYING - Batman Arkham City (PC), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
MOST WANTED - PlayStation 4, Killzone SF, Knack, ACIV: Black Flag
#6Jprime666Posted 11/15/2013 4:33:27 PM
And of course, if you build a good machine now, all the multiplatform games that you would buy on PS4 will look better on PC than on the "next gen". You could then wait a couple years for when the PS4 costs less, and has a solid line-up of exclusives.
---
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat
#7Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 4:36:01 PM(edited)
Sorry I didn't mean to give an impression that this board wouldn't help, just a topic on here that a guy wants to charge to offer help so I didn't want to ask lol.

Also I apologize I'm traumatized from the Xbox One/PS4 boards, they're killing each other over there on a daily basis, insult after insult left and right, there's blood everywhere all over the walls and stuff. But you guys seem a lot nicer. I will come back here and ask for help, you guys are hyping me up to save up and build one. I still dream of the day where I can have a PC that can run any Crysis game on max settings without a flinch.
---
Because I can buy both.
#8BogePosted 11/15/2013 4:37:12 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
You lucky bastards! I saw a trailer for "The Forest" it's only on PC, man that looks good we need more horror games like that, there are quite a few games I wish would make it to consoles, like some decent strategy games, or decent MMO's...but I saw the trailer for this game just blew me away it looks crazy.

If it's a success, you can look forward to it being on consoles, much like Minecraft. If it's not, you probably won't care to play it anyway.

Something that consoles won't have until they adopt a better control method are games like strategy games. That's my biggest issue with consoles, those damn gamepads. They really need to evolve from that. I thought the motion controls was a good start, but the tech needed more time to evolve in order to get rid of the latency. Now they're swinging right back to analog sticks, so I feel we just took a step back.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9PraetorXynPosted 11/15/2013 4:50:56 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jprime666 posted...

http://techreport.com/review/23624/how-to-build-a-pc-the-tech-report-guide

This is the best video walk-through I've found. Just don't follow its advise on spreading thermal compound as that will cause air bubbles. Make an X with the thermal compound by squeezing out two lines of it, then the heatsink will spread it over the entire surface.

The hardest part by far is picking your parts, and that's because of the infinite choices you have. People here will be glad to post builds for you on pcpartpicker.com if you name a budget.

Once you have the CPU and heatsink mounted on the motherboard, and have the motherboard in the case, the rest of it is just like putting adult-sized legos together.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#10SenkoyPosted 11/15/2013 4:51:38 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Sorry I didn't mean to give an impression that this board wouldn't help, just a topic on here that a guy wants to charge to offer help so I didn't want to ask lol.

Also I apologize I'm traumatized from the Xbox One/PS4 boards, they're killing each other over there on a daily basis, insult after insult left and right, there's blood everywhere all over the walls and stuff. But you guys seem a lot nicer. I will come back here and ask for help, you guys are hyping me up to save up and build one. I still dream of the day where I can have a PC that can run any Crysis game on max settings without a flinch.

You haven't spend enough time here then. Although there are some cool, helpful people here, most people here are far FAAARRRRR worse than anyone on the PS4 of Xbone boards. The worst people I have ever seen in my decade of going of forums are on this board. Just be warned.

As for learning how to build a computer, youtube. There are amazing and very detailed tutorials there. All you will ever need.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE