This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console guy here...but I just want to say

#21Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 4:17:13 PM
johnny_pay posted...
building a pc is as easy as them childrens shape sorting toys. the parts can only go in the slots they are meant to go in and the motherboard will come with a manual that labels every single thing on the board itself if your not quite sure. there are plenty of topics with suitable parts within a price range so you just have to look for one of them that has the same budget as yours.

That sounds pretty sweet, I actually like doing that, I like building scale Gundams the ones with the smaller parts. That's the one that scares...building a motherboard...I don't know why but it just intimidates me.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#22LaMichael_JamesPosted 11/15/2013 4:24:28 PM
you don't build a motherboard, you attach all relevant computer parts to it (power supply, memory, processor, video card)
---
bust rb
#23Broccoli92Posted 11/15/2013 4:39:10 PM
Hi there!

You might want to search on youtube "Newegg How to build a computer" These videos have very useful information and explaining pretty much everything like each computer parts such RAM, CPU, GPU, and what are them.

I highly suggest you watch them you will pick up great amounts of information there. :)
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#24somebody336Posted 11/15/2013 4:40:03 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
johnny_pay posted...
building a pc is as easy as them childrens shape sorting toys. the parts can only go in the slots they are meant to go in and the motherboard will come with a manual that labels every single thing on the board itself if your not quite sure. there are plenty of topics with suitable parts within a price range so you just have to look for one of them that has the same budget as yours.

That sounds pretty sweet, I actually like doing that, I like building scale Gundams the ones with the smaller parts. That's the one that scares...building a motherboard...I don't know why but it just intimidates me.

Connecting everything to the motherboard is pretty easy :) The difficult part imo is connecting everything to the power supply and thats mostly because I like the cables looking nice and tidy lol
#25PraetorXynPosted 11/15/2013 4:57:29 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
johnny_pay posted...

Like I said, the only difficult part of putting it together is mounting the CPU and heatsink.
You should always get an aftermarket heatsink, be it an air cooler or a closed-loop water cooler, and those attach by backplate hardware behind the motherboard (a plate, nuts, and bolts). Once you have that done, you mount the board in the case, and from that point in everything is keyed to only work one way.

Most things are even color-coded too.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#26Kokuei05Posted 11/15/2013 4:59:16 PM
Hey we have cookies. Do consoles have cookies? Nope.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfovFjCVKKE
#27overkillwfo1978Posted 11/15/2013 5:04:08 PM(edited)
PC royalty look at console arguments as if they were bums fighting over which one of them has the cup with the most change in it.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#28VIP86Posted 11/15/2013 5:20:56 PM
I love seeing a couple threads a day of people wanting to start building a desktop. As I was in the same situation earlier this year. People here are usually helpful when you are on a budget, and there needs to be more pc gamers regardless.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#29JohnnyBananas26Posted 11/15/2013 5:23:14 PM
Jprime666 posted...
Don't buy a PS4 and XB1 and just build a PC that's better than those 2.

Even if a strategy game made it to PS4 you'd really need a KB/M to play it properly anyway.

Or buy a PS4 for exclusives and play everything else on PC. That's what I'm doing.
#30Arya1Posted 11/15/2013 5:41:21 PM
Senkoy posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Sorry I didn't mean to give an impression that this board wouldn't help, just a topic on here that a guy wants to charge to offer help so I didn't want to ask lol.

Also I apologize I'm traumatized from the Xbox One/PS4 boards, they're killing each other over there on a daily basis, insult after insult left and right, there's blood everywhere all over the walls and stuff. But you guys seem a lot nicer. I will come back here and ask for help, you guys are hyping me up to save up and build one. I still dream of the day where I can have a PC that can run any Crysis game on max settings without a flinch.

You haven't spend enough time here then. Although there are some cool, helpful people here, most people here are far FAAARRRRR worse than anyone on the PS4 of Xbone boards. The worst people I have ever seen in my decade of going of forums are on this board. Just be warned.

As for learning how to build a computer, youtube. There are amazing and very detailed tutorials there. All you will ever need.

I disagree with the word "most", they are just loud minority and you can simply put them on ignore list.
But, yes, they are cancer of PC gaming and give the rest of PC gamers bad name.