This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cleaning dust from a computer?

#1refmonPosted 11/15/2013 3:26:43 PM
I wanted to pick this up for cleaning my computer If I could find it in Canada but somebody told me "You are not going to get all that low level dust off there with a vac."

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 11/15/2013 3:27:39 PM
I usually just hose my down TBH, make sure to leave it unplugged with PSU off and let it sit in the sun for a few days.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3PyrotechnixxxPosted 11/15/2013 3:36:29 PM
The datavac is great, but canned air works almost as well.
---
Fear is a leash.
#4wizardmonPosted 11/15/2013 3:45:20 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
I usually just hose my down TBH, make sure to leave it unplugged with PSU off and let it sit in the sun for a few days.

lol

lol

Just use the metro, it's very good for dusting.

If the tiny remnants of dust bother you, use a little hobby model painter brush with non-conducting brush parts. Of course I'd only ever bother doing that if you where about to sell the PC and wanted it to look as clean as possible, as it's a complete waste of time after a metro shot.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#5Mad_Mike86Posted 11/15/2013 3:49:19 PM
Do you have a leaf blower?
---
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
GT - Mad Mike86
#6Fury_FuturPosted 11/15/2013 3:53:08 PM
q-tips bro
---
PC: 16 cores with 10 meg pipe | XTREME Case modified with flames and blue LEDs for XTREME speeds | 22" CPU
#7The ReturnPosted 11/15/2013 4:29:41 PM
My friend recommended me the same duster. He said it removed dust in places he didn't think there would be any. I have not bought it yet, but I will soon, so I do not know from first hand experience how well it works.
---
Here comes the pain!
#8wizardmonPosted 11/15/2013 4:49:36 PM
Fury_Futur posted...
q-tips bro

Bad idea, q-tips get shredded apart by computer parts and leave traces of thread all over.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)