This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The beast is back. $375 PCS4.

#91Snuckie7Posted 11/16/2013 11:34:41 PM
Zerabp posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Zerabp posted...
No GDDR5 ram only DDR3, no on board Bluetooth and wifi, no Bluray Drive. You didn't come close to matching the PS4...

Even if you try to equate the ram (which sorry you can't) That brings the price up to 437.00 not including tax or shipping (choosing the cheapest parts). That's also giving you Linux vs Win 7.

Ooops wait we're not done PS4 Has USB 3.0 this mobo doesn't. Which with the cheapest supported mobo brings it up to 459.00 not including tax and shipping.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zerabp/saved/2Qk5

The PS4 doesn't let you play mp3's either.

I don't see what any of these things have to do with gaming though.

Will be patched in, 0/1 wanna try again?

So it's not a feature yet.

I think you're missing the point though.

---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#92ATARIJAWAPosted 11/16/2013 11:35:31 PM
EngineeringRace posted...
daemon_dan posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Y'all seem to be forgetting about Wine.

http://appdb.winehq.org/votestats.php

http://tinyurl.com/l7b8rl5

You can play far, far far far more games with Linux than you can play on a PS4.

This is quite true as well.
Consoles are just terribly overpriced. PS4 is even super cheaply made, and seems to have something like a 30-40% DOA rate.

This is what happens when you let westerners buy up most of your stock. Not only do you get poorly constructed things, but you get to slap the entire consumerbase that made you relevant and successful for over a decade. YAAAAAYYYYY SONY

Germany needs to get into the console market. You know the Germans always make good stuff.

They make good engines. They tend to have terrible electronics. Remember about 10 years ago when all the VW and Audi coil packs on the engine were catching on fire?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#93MangorushXIIIPosted 11/16/2013 11:35:36 PM
Zerabp posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Zerabp posted...
No GDDR5 ram only DDR3, no on board Bluetooth and wifi, no Bluray Drive. You didn't come close to matching the PS4...

Even if you try to equate the ram (which sorry you can't) That brings the price up to 437.00 not including tax or shipping (choosing the cheapest parts). That's also giving you Linux vs Win 7.

Ooops wait we're not done PS4 Has USB 3.0 this mobo doesn't. Which with the cheapest supported mobo brings it up to 459.00 not including tax and shipping.

I wouldn't expect a worthwhile answer from a dead beat who enjoys a children show called Fred.
#94BowsaaPosted 11/16/2013 11:39:31 PM
aiagfq posted...
$20 PSU... nope. You still have $24 left, buy a better PSU.

The CX430 is a great unit, but please try again.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#95ZerabpPosted 11/16/2013 11:51:08 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
Zerabp posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Zerabp posted...

I wouldn't expect a worthwhile answer from a dead beat who enjoys a children show called Fred.

I have no clue what you are talking about, I've never heard of it.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#96PR_FiascoPosted 11/17/2013 12:55:01 AM
Not bad. 8/10.
---
TBWNN
i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 8GB RAM
#97CardigansFanPosted 11/17/2013 2:29:10 AM
Pretty nice build, but like others said:
-No Blu-Ray drive (and software to play Blu-Ray movies is extra as well; digital distribution is fine and all, but not every movie is available digitally yet, or even on Blu-Ray)
-No Bluetooth/Wifi (blah blah wired is better, but wireless can be handy)
-No OS (sure there's linux + wine, but it's not going to be 100% like just running it on Windows instead)
-No keyboard/mouse (...kind of essential)

IMO, if I didn't have any computer or console at all, I'd probably just get a mid-range laptop that isn't too big. Pay a little premium in the end, but then you can take it anywhere - including to a friend's house to hook up to a TV and play games or something.
---
Samsung ARM Chromebook * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300 * 3DS XL * AKA Magus77
#98PeterJK_471Posted 11/17/2013 2:32:08 AM
So what exactly can this "beast" run?
---
GT: PeterJK258 3DS FC:4940-5429-7494
PSN:DarkyForLife471
#99Pepys MonsterPosted 11/17/2013 6:22:26 AM
You can build a PC that's better than the PS4, for less money at LAUNCH? I said wow.
---
AMD A10 5757M @ 2.5GHz | Radeon 8750M 2GB | Samsung Evo 1TB SSD | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Windows 8
#100DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 6:32:39 AM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
Ew! Hitachi HDD?
Say goodbye to your data.

Hitachi is quite a reliable brand. They're owned by WD now, but I can't imagine they're any worse.
I've used a few hitachi drives and not a single one has had so much as a hitch, which I can't say for the SeaGate or WDCG I got.

Also, wow, this topic exploded with peasants out of nowhere.
"No GDDR5 RAM"? lol
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley