This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Youtube to have paid premium channels and features in the future?(Pic)

#11xanthan1Posted 11/16/2013 4:22:48 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
The question is, who puts good content to be worth the paid subscription?

Any TV network who wants to have another place to let people watch their shows?

Think of it like Hulu only you just subscribe to whatever channel has what you want to watch.
#12BowsaaPosted 11/16/2013 4:19:16 PM
If TV networks put shows on there, I would actually probably subscribe to a couple. If it's just random people, then probably not.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#13DerPancakePosted 11/16/2013 4:23:03 PM(edited)
xanthan1 posted...
DerPancake posted...

Oh I just saw the channels, its not as bad as I though it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GayDirect
---
EVGA
#14PhilOnDezPosted 11/16/2013 4:29:56 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DerPancake posted...

This is the only thing I can think of with more-likely-than-not odds of success. Marvel (Maybe Disney, don't remember if it was before or after the buyout) and Cartoon Network have dabbled with making some of their older shows that have never been on Netflix available on YouTube but I don't think it's worked out so far. I don't think I'd pay $4.99 for old stuff since that's pocket change away from a full fledged subscription service while still having to deal with YouTube's awful buffering but $4.99 for their full lineup or $.99-1.99 for the stuff that's no longer on the air would be worth it to me.

While it doesn't actually interest me I think there could also be a market for extremely in depth tutorial channels, like photoshop, flash animation, etc etc, though you'd really have to have some incredible content to compete against what's already available for free.

I'd definitely never subscribe to a gaming channel that tried this. I think anyone who tries that is basically signing their own death sentence, as far as a YouTube LP career goes.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15NicoC96Posted 11/16/2013 4:35:10 PM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/channels/paid_channels
Looks like nothing but TV networks and wannabes. Unless we see a huge rush of a majority of popular Youtubers or the removal of the ad system, I doubt it's anything to be worried about.

Edit: Also see some tutorial and training channels, which I feel is pretty OK. Fits well with the new Google+ Helpouts or whatever they are called.
#16GynthaeresPosted 11/16/2013 4:36:28 PM
I actually thought this was already a thing.

Maybe it's because the Youtubers I watch have mentioned that they'd never do paid subscriptions, because they know it would basically be the death of their channel, no matter how good their content was.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#17jake-sfPosted 11/16/2013 4:38:53 PM
I don't follow anyone that would succeed on a paid subscription basis. None. So I don't care.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#18GhennkinsPosted 11/16/2013 5:05:54 PM
I would delete the bookmark same day this rolled around if I got a "Sorry, to watch this content please click to subscribe for a prem /DELETED"!!!111>
Or channel owners started trying to push people to pay the sub to see their not 2 minute long crap videos.

Geez. Seems more and more like the world is dividing into 2 groups. The frugal penny pinchers and the people that throw money at problems so that the people that created the problems will fix the problems they made. Damn smart. That's like if I lashed your tires in the middle of the night and you couldn't go to work so you called me to fix your tires which I slashed. I respect that. Whomever taught that up, I wanna shake their hand. It would probably turn black and fall off do to the seething evil and darkness but it would be worth it.